Re: [pfaf] Yarrow

  • Helena Spear
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 16, 2009
      And to think I pay through the nose for a small box of dried "yarrow/weed" to use as a tea for so many things! Since my garden is a wilderness in any case, I might as well start growing this one...

      Ciao!
      Helena

      From: Steve <permalove@gmail. com>
      Subject: [pfaf] Yarrow
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 8:42 PM

      Notice how the folks at Virginia Tech classified this ancient healing herb?

      "WEED"

      (picture the rubber stamp slamming down on the file here, if it's more effective for your visualization. )

      Invasion biology rears its head again..

      Peace,

      Steve.

      --
      "The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force.."

      - Thomas Jefferson

    • david.keltie@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 17, 2009
        Like so many things - easily grown, better fresh and all for a little
        bit of effort and thought. Other 'teas' from our garden - lemon balm,
        mint, camomile, nettle, berry leaf, lemon verbena......

        Cheers, David

        On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Helena Spear<helena.spear@...> wrote:

        > And to think I pay through the nose for a small box of dried "yarrow/weed"
        > to use as a tea for so many things! Since my garden is a wilderness in any
        > case, I might as well start growing this one...
        >
        > Ciao!
        > Helena

      • Gail Lloyd
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 17, 2009
          One of the most notable "weeds" that are excellent to eat or make into tea are dandelions.
          The whole plant is edible: roots, leaves, flowers....very medicinal also.
          Judy

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
            They do. It's called a flower here, as well as a weed. Perhaps we could come up with a new indentifying term for useful "weeds" and other plants that doesn't include the word "multi-use". There's edible plants, medicinal plants, edible AND medicinal plants, fiber plants, erosion plants, the list goes on. But then again, the simple term "weed" merely connototes a negative picture. Weeds don't get their deserved due. There are few that are not useful for something.

          • Infowolf1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
              good idea!

              Mary Christine