Re: Wanted paw paw (ASIMINA) seeds from Florida USA

  • manofpeace32
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2009
      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "manofpeace32" <manofpeace32@...> wrote:
      or INFORmation ON WHERE TO GET THEM,
      i GUESSS THESE WOULD BE GREAT FOR ROOTSTOCK,
      Im thinking since they are drawf tree's
      IM also Interested In Plant breeding hybridizing.\

      IM not sure where MY post is about the different species,
      but I saved that info for myself on this web site while sharing it ,
      and put alot of work in to it.

      (OH IM editing
      I alwas make a good habit of saving what I write oN these yahoo groups
      from bad experiences f my posts never showing up
      here is more info On the different species.

      These taste great I was looking at all the pictures
      OF THE NAMES ON A Computer SEARCH IMAGES (USING "" QUOTATIONS"")
      The names listed at pfaf
      Im not going to list where each one came from,
      but some speicies are tiny as big as a quarter
      Some are from Florida -- (I read up alittle on different Speices)
      are
      Asimina triloba -- (I may have had these they are large and good.)
      Asimina angustifolia slimleaf pawpaw (I LIKe THESE PICTUREs OF THE LEAVES)
      Asimina incana woolly pawpaw
      Asimina obovata bigflower pawpaw
      Asimina parviflora smallflower pawpaw
      Asimina reticulata netted pawpaw
      http://www.killerplants.com/plant-of-the-week/20040315.asp
      (Also In Florida small open-branched shrub found in flatwoods and sandhills )
      JUST A PICTURE FROM CAl Photes

      http://calphotos.berkeley.edu/cgi/img_query?query_src=photos_flora_sci&enlarge=0000+0000+0307+2131

      Asimina tetramera fourpetal pawpaw

      PICTURE A. tetramera http://www.ars-grin.gov/cor/cool/pawpaw.html

      Paw paws from Neal Peterson of the Pawpaw foundation in September 1994
      Asimina x nashii Nash's pawpaw (
      (This IM pretty sure is a hybrid, because of the x times sign)

      asimina pygmea-- These grow in Florida (drawf paw paw asimina)

      Oh I even growing just two out of all the seeds I had
      some may still be alive Just growing slowly,