Re: Truffles: Do you know where to get spores and how to grow them?

  • manofpeace32
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 9, 2009
      EDIT
      you mentioned your courious about making money
      maybe you could can some of those Interesting fruits very ripe, and sell them On Ebay.
      they sell some stuff comercialy from foreign countries,
      but You can't find it every where.

      IF you do Email me IM a vintner, and I could share it with a wimemaking forum.

      GArden web maybe.
      under the Mushroom section, http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/crypto/
      I've recieved paw paw seeds from here
      I wonder if spores could become invasive from tranporting off your cloths anyone know?

    • matthew@b-and-t-world-seeds.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 9, 2009
        Mushroom spores can travel round the World, just floating in the air. They are very small and tough. It has even been suggested that they could travel in space, between stars. Most mushroom spores need special conditions to grow. Like most living organisms, they will become invasive given the correct conditions. Fungi are part of nature's waste disposal system, mainly living on dead and decaying material. They often form beneficial relationships with plants (some plants, such as Argania spinosa, need their community of fungi to survive in their native regions). Other Fungi can have seriously unfortunate effects on living organisms.

        Matt

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, pazogie wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > I heard that the Italians grow them.
        >
        > I was wondering if I could get some spores and
        > grow them here in my damp basement in my
        > house in Cebu City, Philippines.
        >
        > Anyone here knows how I may get my wish
        > fulfilled?
        >
        > Paz
        >

        > Surf faster. Internet Explorer 8 optmized for Yahoo! auto launches 2 of your favorite pages everytime you open your browser. Get IE8 here! http://downloads.yahoo.com/sg/internetexplorer/

        Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        To change settings via email:
        mailto:pfaf-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:pfaf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Michael Porter
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 10, 2009
          rodents eat truffles and transport the spores , for them, -