Re: [pfaf] Digest Number 226

  • ben slow
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2003
      I'm absolutley convinced that Spammers would make
      excellent compost. If we were to plant a Spammer under
      every new tree we planted I think we'd see a benefit
      in both our lives and well being. Not to mention
      reduced Spam and a healthy long term source of
      nutrient to our plants - afterall, spammers are full
      of ....manure.

      --- pfaf@yahoogroups.com wrote: >

      > There are 4 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Spam problems Re: Digest Number 225
      > From: "Graham Burnett"
      > <grahamburnett@...>
      > 2. Spammers
      > From: "cat sweeney"
      > <starwolfdreamer@...>
      > 3. Re: Spammers
      > From: Richard Morris <webmaster@...>
      > 4. Re: Spammers
      > From: "Robert Waldrop"
      > <rmwj@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 14:45:16 -0000
      > From: "Graham Burnett"
      > <grahamburnett@...>
      > Subject: Spam problems Re: Digest Number 225
      >
      > Hi Rich- I moderate a yahoo group called Allotments
      > UK which I started when
      > a previous list, UK Allotmets, got riddled with
      > spammers (the list owner
      > went AWOL) to a point that it became unusable.
      >
      > The policy, which is what members asked for, is that
      > all new members are
      > placed on moderation until they have sent at least
      > one 'genuine' post to the
      > list, at which point they are unmoderated. the
      > settings on the Yahoo PFAF
      > homepage should allow you to set this up very
      > easily. The other thing I did
      > straight away as soon as setting the list up was
      > recruit at least 2
      > co-moderators to both share the load and provide a
      > back up so that the group
      > can continue should i no longer be able to keep up
      > the moderator role (or
      > indeed lose interest!)- good permaculture design! In
      > actuality though,
      > theres very little work to do in moderating that
      > list.
      >
      > Hope these suggestions are useful,
      >
      > cheers graham
      > www.spiralseed.co.uk