Re: [pfaf] Descriptions of wine berry's taste?

  • Griselda Mussett
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2009
      I met a guy at Hampton Court Flower Show about 3 or 4 years ago who
      has the (UK) National Collection of Rubus (whatever that means),
      anyway he was showing a lot of them on a stand at the show. I think
      he was based in Hampshire.
      It was an absolutely fascinating display that he had, with a huge
      variety of plant types - small, huge, climbing, prostrate, fruiting,
      prickly, smooth, etc. All sorts. Very inspiring. Some were labelled
      as very rare. Some were for sale.
      I believe he said the capacity of plants to hybridise was very
      strong, and he knew he only had a small proportion of examples.
      Griselda

      On 20 Jun 2009, at 20:09, mentha_man wrote:

      > I think they are the best of the Rubus species. I read they are
      > more raspberry than blackberry but they do have juiciness of the
      > blackberry. I keep thinking they remind me of a marionberry.
      >
      > It get the tay berry, marion berry, logan berry and boysenberry
      > mixed up. I know the flavors are quite different too. Can people
      > describe the wine berry for me. I vaguelly remember a rich complex
      > flavor the most.
      >
      > Has anyone created a flavor classification system by chance?
      >
      > Adam

      The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you ~ it's
      that they are so good for you they could save your life.
      By David Bjerklie, TIME Magazine, October 20,
      2003
      Juice PLUS+ Capsules contain 17 fruits, vegetables, oats and grains.
      The ingredients are apples, cranberries, dates, oranges, papaya,
      peaches, pineapples, beets, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, kale,
      tomatoes, parsley, garlic, spinach, rice bran (no gluten), and oats
      (no gluten).
      and ~ NEW - Juice PLUS+ Vineyard Blend adds Blueberries, Cranberries,
      Concorde Grape, Blackberries, Bilberries, Grape Seed, Raspberry,
      Elderberries, Red Currants, and Black Currants.
      Check it out www.takejuiceplus.co.uk