Spam problems Re: [pfaf] Digest Number 225

  • Graham Burnett
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2003
      Hi Rich- I moderate a yahoo group called Allotments UK which I started when
      a previous list, UK Allotmets, got riddled with spammers (the list owner
      went AWOL) to a point that it became unusable.

      The policy, which is what members asked for, is that all new members are
      placed on moderation until they have sent at least one 'genuine' post to the
      list, at which point they are unmoderated. the settings on the Yahoo PFAF
      homepage should allow you to set this up very easily. The other thing I did
      straight away as soon as setting the list up was recruit at least 2
      co-moderators to both share the load and provide a back up so that the group
      can continue should i no longer be able to keep up the moderator role (or
      indeed lose interest!)- good permaculture design! In actuality though,
      theres very little work to do in moderating that list.

      Hope these suggestions are useful,

      cheers graham
      www.spiralseed.co.uk