Re: [pfaf] RE: Comfrey Compost Tea

  • Gail Lloyd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009
      COMFREY COMPOST TEA (aka COMPOST ACTIVATOR TEA)
      (makes enough for up to 64 cubic feet compost pile)
      6 cupsdried or 12 cups fresh nettles (be sure to wear gloves)
      6 c dried or 12 cups fresh comfrey leaves
      2 cups flaked or powdered kelp
      1 cup liquid fish emulsion
      Put all ingredients into a 5-gallon bucket and fill bucket with water.  Let sit in warm place 4-8 hours.  Pour all into your compost pile.
      SOURCE:
      Hartung, Tammi.  Growing 101 Herbs That Heal.  Pownal, Vermont: Storey Books, 2000.

      Gail