Re: [pfaf] vitiligo & immune system

  • Gail Lloyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
      I might add that detoxing your body can be helpful to all of us, with all the pollutants in the air, on our food, etc.  There are lots of good books out there on detoxing...one that I like is The Complete Idiot's Guide to Detoxing Your Body, which tells about super-cleansing foods and green foods.
      I think green foods are a very important addition to our diet & strengthening our immune systems.  They're full of vitamins, minerals, and chlorophyll.  You can grow wheat grass, or you can get barley grass, blue-green algae, chlorella, or spirulina that come in capsules or powder - look for certified organic.
      I want to emphasize that cruciferous veggies (see Healthy Carbs below) are also extremely important to our health (especially broccoli).
      Gail

      From: Helena Makwana <he_maks6@yahoo. co.in>
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] Fertilized eggs
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, May 29, 2009, 1:37 AM

      I want to know the cause of Vitiligo and whether it is curable by preventive medicines completely. As per my knowledge it is due to defect in production of melanin pigment and other immunological agents. I would also want to know whether it has any relation with contra or miscombined foods which causes some effect on melanocyte function of producing melanin. If it is due to some contra foods, which food combination is not favourable and may cause Vitiligo. This has a relation with one of our collegues who is suffering from Vitiligo and wants to stop it spread entirely.