Re: [pfaf] chicken feed

  • Griselda Mussett
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2009
      Dear Ludwig
      I am startled by the idea of chickens 'roasting' in the branches.
      Usually they ROOST....
      This is not a criticism, it just made me laugh.
      My ability to write in any other language is pretty limited and I am
      very impressed by how fluent everyone is on this forum.
      cheers
      Griselda

      On 28 May 2009, at 12:29, Ludd wrote:

      > The Siberian pea shrub has small peas that are edible for humans but
      > most people find it to troublesome to peel so leave it to their
      > chickens.
      > It is also a nitrogen fixer so more than one benefit! And chickens can
      > roast in the branches, out of range of the fox.
      >
      > I have some seedlings on the go, so will report back in 5 years
      > time, grin.
      >
      > Ludwig
      >
      > jenniferpittet wrote:
      > > Does anyone have ideas about good plants/seeds/grains/leaves for
      > chicken feed that can be grown in and around the garden?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > Jennifer
      > > Meaford, Canada

      The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you ~ it's
      that they are so good for you they could save your life.
      By David Bjerklie, TIME Magazine, October 20,
      2003
      Juice PLUS+ Capsules contain 17 fruits, vegetables, oats and grains.
      The ingredients are apples, cranberries, dates, oranges, papaya,
      peaches, pineapples, beets, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, kale,
      tomatoes, parsley, garlic, spinach, rice bran (no gluten), and oats
      (no gluten).
      and ~ NEW - Juice PLUS+ Vineyard Blend adds Blueberries, Cranberries,
      Concorde Grape, Blackberries, Bilberries, Grape Seed, Raspberry,
      Elderberries, Red Currants, and Black Currants.
      Check it out www.takejuiceplus.co.uk