Re: Juneberry or Serviceberry pics

  • chex.rice
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2009
      Sorry that I haven't responded earlier as I've been out of town. Juneberries that I have tasted range from very tasty with a great balance of acid to sugar in a big dark blue berry that looks and tastes simalar to a blueberry to varieties with smaller redish purple berries that taste like sugar in a berry. These lesser quality juneberries probably needed more of an acid balance and flavor but you can't say that they taste bad just that they could taste better (more flavor). I can sum it up by saying that I have never tasted a bad juneberry but that I have tasted better juneberries. I hope this helps.