Ominous Plant with a Yellow Flower

  • boisenberryfiesta
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 8:25 AM
      What is this plant with the yellow flower? It made its way into another plant's pot when purchased - very tiny then I started caring for it.

      Now it has gifted me with a single blossom. It's giving me a weird vibe.

      Any idea what it is?

      http://tinypic.com/r/kah0e9/5

      http://tinypic.com/r/dzjknq/5

      Fragrantly,
      Joy
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31 1:50 PM
        Reminds me most of a
        Gazania sp

        Geir Flatabø

      • Infowolf1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2009
          was this ever identified? and what sort of ominous vibes was
          it giving off?

          In a message dated 5/31/2009 1:51:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
          geirf@... writes:

          Reminds me most of a
          Gazania sp

          Geir Flatabø

          2009/5/31 boisenberryfiesta <_beitharmony@beitharmo_
          (mailto:beitharmony@...) >

          > What is this plant with the yellow flower? It made its way into another
          > plant's pot when purchased - very tiny then I started caring for it.
          >
          > Now it has gifted me with a single blossom. It's giving me a weird vibe.
          >
          > Any idea what it is?
          >

          > _http://tinypic.http://tinypih_ (http://tinypic.com/r/kah0e9/5)
          >
          > _http://tinypic.http://tinypih_ (http://tinypic.com/r/dzjknq/5)
          >

          > Fragrantly,
          > Joy

          steps!
          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585043x1201462775/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.asp
          x?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=JunestepsfooterNO62)

        • j.sherri
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 10, 2009
            Hi,

            The whole energy of the plant was off. I think it had to do with the
            shape, feel, texture and viscosity of the leaves. It wasn't like any
            other flower/plant I had ever encountered before. Where the leaves were
            the stem and it kept moving upwards and outwards like a shiny green thin
            fountain with tendril like arms reaching out. Till one day from the
            middle of this flowing a single bud emerged, with spikes as its fringed
            crown and dark purple at its epicenter. It continued to froth and bloom
            for about a month. Shortly after I posted, it died. Maybe the fame
            killed it. At any rate, it might have been a Gazania. It's hard to say
            now exactly what it was.

            Joy