Comfrey - rainwater compost tea

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2009
      Hi Matthew,

      Just about all the houses in Bermuda catch all their water on their roofs
      and store it in large tanks under the house (ours is 35,000 gallons). So
      it's already decided for us - on a 24 square mile island chain it's either
      rainwater, wellwater (kind of salty) desalinization or R/O. I'll take
      rainwater.

      Do you make compost teas where you are? If so, do you use certain
      biodynamic preparations and procedures, or do you just have your own
      preferences?
      I grow comfrey, yarrow, chamomile, valerian and a few other species which
      are used in traditional biodynamics, but my stocks are really just reaching
      the size where I can make a decent amount of tea.

      Have you ever tried burying a cow horn full of compost and soil? A fellow I
      know swears by it.
      http://www.barefootfarmer.com/biodynamics.html

      Peace,

      Steve.