Re: replanted fig

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2009
      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "maartendeprez" <maarten.deprez@...> wrote:

      > > I do know that you have to be patient with them. Don't give up on
      > > it. My little tree got totally battered this year and is really
      > > bouncing back.
      >
      > I have the same experience. Once, i forgot a number of figs in the greenhouse overwinter. They looked dried-out, but came back. On another occasion, my dog "occupied herself" of a small fig tree. That time i was afraid it would die, but it did recover, making new green buds. Figs trees seem to be kinda indestructible.
      >

      > Greetings,
      > Maarten

      I wonder if I shade or not maybe wrap part in damp cloths

      The fig is just not opening buds but not dying back any further

      It is very special to me as it was handed down directly a link with the past going back some hundreds of years through numerous gardeners

      I did pass on one of of these myself so I could go and get a cutting from then if needed

      Thanks Brian