Replanted Fig not growing advice please

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15 2:44 AM
      Hi all

      I replanted a fig before it started to bud about March this year

      Although it was in a big pot 1 root had got out and I had to cut it, although I still had plenty of root

      I re planted it in a big builders bag to restrict the roots

      I did 2 other figs and they are fine but with this one the shoots are dy'ing but a few look like they trying to grow but refuse to open

      It is rather special a direct desendant ( ie hand passed down not from nursary ) from the Crusades St John

      Thanks for any help I am feeding + watering but looks like I might loose it

      Brian
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15 6:41 AM
        I meant to add I am in the Uk on the Isle of Wight
        Usually mild here but went down to -10 deg C or so in winter

        Today I grafted 1 branch of the St Johns fig onto another healthy fig which is next to it both are in there original poisitions in the ground

        My intention is hopefully for the good fig to feed the sick fig

        Thanks for any tips