quinoa

  • elmalabarista
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13 6:06 AM
      Hello I work for the fife diet in scotland. We're looking into growing quinoa and would like to know about where to buy seed and any information on growing and harvesting. We have about 1.5 hectares to make use of, thanks adam
    • matthew@b-and-t-world-seeds.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14 3:46 AM
        Several varieties of Quinoa are available from B and T World Seeds:
        http://b-and-t-world-seeds.com/alaCarth.asp?searchfor=Chenopodium+quinoa

        Matt

        Hello I work for the fife diet in scotland. We're looking into growing quinoa and would like to know about where to buy seed and any information on growing and harvesting. We have about 1.5 hectares to make use of, thanks adam

        Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        To change settings via email:
        mailto:pfaf-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:pfaf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Infowolf1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14 2:09 PM
          I think that the type best suited to growing in the mountains,
          maybe all of them I don't know, require the use of lye in
          some processing of the seed before it is edible, some coat
          has to come off. Then it can be boiled or fried.

          Before you feed this or amaranth to cats or dogs, you
          might want to check on plant specific toxicity regarding
          them. While these two grains are each the same protein
          and amino acid picture as meat, there may be other
          problems if put in a pet's diet.

          Mary Christine

          _http://b-and-http://b-and-http://b-and-http://b-and-http://b-andhttp:/_

          _http://groups.http://grohttp://grouhttp_
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          To change settings via email:
          mailto:_pfaf-digest@pfaf-digest@pfa_ (mailto:pfaf-digest@yahoogroups.com)
          mailto:_pfaf-fullfeatured@pfaf-fullfeapfa_
          (mailto:pfaf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com)

          _http://docs.http://dochttp://docs_ (http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/)

          **************Dell Mini Netbooks: Great deals starting at $299 after
          instant savings!
          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222627952x1201458914/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B214819460%3B36680227%3Bi)

        • Ludd
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18 8:10 AM
            I am not sure how to contact the the webmaster, but this error message
            appears whilst trying to access the www.pfaf.org website.

            Could someone pass it on to the right people? Sorry to fill so many
            peoples inboxes...

            Ludwig

            *While trying to retrieve the URL:*

            http://www.pfaf.org/index.php

            *The following error was encountered:*

            The requested object is INFECTED with the following viruses:
            Trojan-Clicker.JS.Agent.fg
            <http://www.viruslist.com/en/search?VN=Trojan-Clicker.JS.Agent.fg>

            Please contact your service provider if you consider it incorrect.
            *Generated: *
            Mon May 18 16:07:49 2009
            Kaspersky Internet Security 2009
          • Richard Morris
            Message 5 of 6 , May 18 11:51 PM
              --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Ludd <the_pooh_way@...> wrote:

              > I am not sure how to contact the the webmaster, but this error message
              > appears whilst trying to access the www.pfaf.org website.
              >
              > Could someone pass it on to the right people? Sorry to fill so many
              > peoples inboxes...
              >
              > Ludwig
              >
              > The requested object is INFECTED with the following viruses:
              > Trojan-Clicker.JS.Agent.fg
              > <http://www.viruslist.com/en/search?VN=Trojan-Clicker.JS.Agent.fg>

              Thanks for the heads up. Some hackers managed to break into the website. I've now fixed it. Apologies to all about this, it might be worth running a virus checker if you access the pfaf page yesterday.

              Rich
            • purplekat500
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 13, 2009
                Hi,
                I got my quinoa seeds from real seeds - http://www.realseeds.co.uk/
                It's my first year growing it this year so don't know how well they do but they say the seeds are bred for our damp climate.

                Kate