[Fwd: BIG Compendium of Symbolic and Ritual Plants - UK launch event]

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2003
      Thought this book might be of interest. If anyone
      free in London this afternoon you could pop by.

      Rich

      John Hopley wrote:

      Firstly, many apologies for the 11th-hour notice, but I have only =
      located your site today, via the English Garden School at the Chelsea =
      Physic Garden.

      I have attached an invitation to the UK launch event for the 'Compendium
      of Symbolic and Ritual Plants in Europe'; a reference work by Prof. =
      Marcel de Cleene and Marie Claire Lejeunne, to take place at the Chelsea
      Physic Garden this week on Thurs. 23rd October. If you or a colleague =
      (or indeed any of your members) are interested and able to attend the =
      launch on Thursday (12:00 - 3:00pm), you would be most welcome.=20

      Meet the authors and hear speeches on the following:

      'Medicinal and Ritual Plants - forging a bridge between the past and the
      future' - Prof. Michael Heinrich
      'Do plant symbols, myths and rituals still have any point?' - Prof. Dr.
      Marcel De Cleene (co-author)
      'Cultural plant uses in Scotland' - Veerle Van Den Eynden

      A full brochure outlining the content is in the post and we hope that =
      you may be interested in featuring the Compendium in 'Plants For A =
      Future'.

      If you have any questions, please let me know and I hope to see you on =
      the 23rd.

      Best regards
      John Hopley
      for Alpha publishing