[Fwd: SV: Plants For A Future Book]

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2003
      I thought people might find this interesting.
      (email address removed for spam reasons). - Rich

      From: Kirsty McKinnon

      My project here is running an organic demonstration garden at the
      Norwegian centre for ecological agriculture - one of the themes being
      diversity in species and varieties. This is one of the areas which needs
      to be developed and I guess the book will provide valuable ideas.
      Unfortunately we haven't yet an English version about the garden on our
      web-site. The garden here is part of a national network of organic
      gardens. You might be interested to learn about one of the other garden
      hosts, Stephen Barstow, (for all I know he might be a Plants for a
      future member) he is titled Norway's uncrowned master of salads after
      this year's Open garden arrangement where he, his family and helpful
      neighbours made a bowl of salad including 520 species, mostly from his
      own garden. They used 20 hours to collect and mix the salad. All in all
      there grows between 1500-3000 useful plants (depending on weather
      conditions)in their garden. Not bad for a quite small town garden.

      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2003
        How can we get more information?
        We speciallised in veggies, very interesting.
        What varieties is he using?
        ben

        From:       Kirsty McKinnon

[...]

        Web:   http://www.pfaf.org/ same as http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/
        Post:  1 Lerryn View, Lerryn, Lostwithiel, Cornwall, PL22 0QJ

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 11, 2003
          Ben Safronovitz wrote:

          > How can we get more information?
          > We speciallised in veggies, very interesting.
          > What varieties is he using?
          > ben

          Stephen's e-mail address in case you want to make contact or send him
          information: s.barstow@...

          Kirsty McKinnon
          Kirsty.mckinnon@...

          + 47 71532029 (dir.)