Re: Hi all, I would like to know which plant leaves are edible.?

  • catzedibles
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 21, 2009
      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "anklesfay" <anklesfay@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering about passion flower leaves (as there is a passion flower plant around the corner from me)????. But also others.
      >
      > also i am aiming to grow all edible plants in my garden (uk) any tips would be great.
      >
      > glad I found this group :)
      >
      > regards Clare

      Passiflora incarnata: Passionflower Maypops Zone 6 fruit and leaves can be eaten raw or cooked; flowers cook as vegetable or make into syrup; do not use during pregnancy. Also has medicinal value. Other Passiflora species mostly just their fruit is considered edible. Check out the database at http://www.pfaf.orgindex.php Make sure you can identify the species of passionflower you have in your area before you eat anything. Always start with small amounts of any new edible to see if your body has any reactions.
      Cat