Re: [pfaf] What is this fruit/ Chrysophylum gonocarpum

  • luc vleeracker
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2009
      Hi Javier ,

      That's a nice assortment you have .

      If you are really interested in tropical fruits I suggest to get the book " Brazilian Fruits and Cultivated Exotics " by my friends Harry Lorenzi/Marco lacerda/Luis Bacher/Sergio Sartori.

      They have an English and Portugese version .( over 700 fruits ) it is a must....

      I am basically a collector of rare fruits ( hobby )

      I am not familiar with the Chrysophylum gonocarpum , found almost nothing on the net , can you give me a little more info about this fruit , ...a picture ...you can send it directly to my email...

      If you can grow Annona cherimola - Cherimoya you must be in a cooler area , I only get a few fruits once in a while.

      Take care .

      Luc

      From: Javier Cosp <jcosp@.... py>
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 6:58 PM

      Yes. I was looking in Google pictures of trees and fruits of Bombacopsis glabra,
      and YES, it is the tree that I have.

      Thank you Luc.

      Javier Cosp
      Paraguay

      From: Jacques PRESTREAU <jacques.prestreau@ free.fr>
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 5:21 PM

      Hello everybody !

      As promised, here are the first pictures with my little absolutely free
      offer of service.

      Javier's pictures are :
      - http://www.geo- bio.fr/pfaf/ 1.jpg (58 Ko)
      - http://www.geo- bio.fr/pfaf/ 2.jpg (71 Ko)

      And the whole directory is, as announced in one of my previous messages :
      - http://www.geo- bio.fr/pfaf/

      At your keyboards to help Javier in his identification of this plant !

      So long...
      Jacques

      *Message Original*
      De : luc vleeracker <lucvleeracker@ yahoo.com>
      A : pfaf@yahoogroups. com
      Date de l'envoi : 28/03/2009 1:47:01 AM +0100
      Sujet du mail : [pfaf] What is this fruit?