Re: Permaculteur add-on for Mozilla, great tool !!!

  • Robert Alcock
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
      Works great for me. That's a fantastic tool, Nicollas. Merci beaucoup!

      Robert
      www.abrazohouse.org

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Nicollas <permactiviste@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Merci Jacques !
      >

      > My host suddenly decided this night that hosted script could not anymore
      > dowload data from the net, so this morning the script no longer worked. I've
      > fix the problem, but some of you maybe got strange errors messages while
      > using the script this morning;
      >
      > please send me a mail if you experience problems, it can be due to some old
      > versions or cache problem
      >

      > Nicollas
      >
      > 2009/3/31 Jacques PRESTREAU <jacques.prestreau@...>
      >
      > > Oh great, Nicollas !
      > >
      > > Won-der-ful !!!
      > >
      > > I've just installed the add-on and the javascript (for those who will
      > > try... beware don't confuse with the .php file) and I've immediatly
      > > tried with some genera and species... and it's a very helpful tool !
      > >
      > > I've made a snapshot of a sample :
      > >
      > > http://www.geo-bio.fr/pfaf/sample/Permaculteur_sample.jpg
      > >
      > > And the thumbnails are clickable to get to the original pictures !
      > >
      > > Yes, a real must for the website !!!
      > >
      > > I think it should be announced on PFAF website as an excellent add-on to
      > > evolve the pages to a better visual attraction !
      > >
      > > That's another example of the power of the Mozilla world.
      > >
      > > Of course, it's not to be a tool for strict identification, the pictures
      > > beeing named by their authors sometimes with errors (responsibility of
      > > oneself), but it's an excellent add-on for the website of PFAF !
      > >
      > > Thanks, thanks, thanks !
      > >
      > > I see that the access to the pictures seems sometimes a little bit long,
      > > due to the bandwidth of Flickr probably, but the whole text part of the
      > > page beeing loaded before the thumbnails... there's no need to wait
      > > before using the textual informations of PFAF.
      > >
      > > But as it is, it's already adopted !
      > >
      > > Thanks, thanks, thanks !
      > >
      > > Jacques
      > > Herpetologist in France

      > > *Message Original*
      > > De : Nicollas <permactiviste@... <permactiviste%40gmail.com>>
      > > A : pfaf@yahoogroups.com <pfaf%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > Date de l'envoi : 30/03/2009 6:49:24 PM +0200
      > > Sujet du mail : [pfaf] Pictures of plants in PFAF
      > >
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > i've made a greasemonkey script to display some pics of plants on PFAF
      > > pages
      > > > (pics are grabbed from flickr),
      > > >
      > > > Greasemonkey is an extension for firefox, that can be installed from :
      > > > https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/748
      > > >
      > > > Then all you just have to do is to install the script from
      > > > http://permaculteur.free.fr/pfaf/greasemonkey/ (click on the javascript
      > > > file)
      > > >
      > > > Then all you just have to do is to surf on PFAF pages
      > > >
      > > > You can configure the number of pics displayed, just go to greasemonkey
      > > conf
      > > > panel (Tools menu), edit the script, and replace the line
> [...]
    • Richard Morris
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
        Nicollas,
        This is great, good to see mashup technology used with pfaf, and solving a long standing problem.

        One thing I would do would be to link to image description page rather than the jpeg. That way the photographer would be properly credited.

        It will be good to talk with you off list about future development.

        Rich

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Nicollas <permactiviste@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > i've made a greasemonkey script to display some pics of plants on PFAF pages
        > (pics are grabbed from flickr),
        >
        > Greasemonkey is an extension for firefox, that can be installed from :
        > https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/748
        >
        > Then all you just have to do is to install the script from
        > http://permaculteur.free.fr/pfaf/greasemonkey/ (click on the javascript
        > file)
        >
        > Then all you just have to do is to surf on PFAF pages
        >
        > You can configure the number of pics displayed, just go to greasemonkey conf
        > panel (Tools menu), edit the script, and replace the line
        > url: 'http://permaculteur.free.fr/pfaf/greasemonkey/img.php?plant='+plant
        > ,
        > by
        > url: '