Allium ursinum

  • Kurt
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2003
      Hi,

      I recently bought some seeds of Allium ursinum form a seed company in
      the UK and I haven't had any success in getting them to germinate.I
      have tried various methods but nothing seems to work.I believe the
      seeds need to be really fresh and think this may be the problem.Does
      anyone know of a reliable source for fresh seeds.

      Thanks Kurt
      from Australia
    • treaclemine@intranet.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 18, 2003
        Greetings,

        > I recently bought some seeds of Allium ursinum form a seed company
        > in the UK and I haven't had any success in getting them to
        > germinate.

        I've just bought some Allium ursinum bulbs from John Shipton
        (www.bluebellbulbs.co.uk) - you can't order online from them, but
        this might be an option?

        Good luck!

        Amanda
      • Kurt
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 18, 2003
          Hi Amanda,
          Unfortunately due to Australia's import regulations I
          can only get seeds into the country.
          Kurt

        • treaclemine@intranet.org
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 19, 2003
            Good morning!

            Kurt said:

            > Unfortunately due to Australia's import regulations I can only get
            > seeds into the country.

            I was afraid of that :-) But I would still recommend getting
            in touch with John Shipton (www.bluebellbulbs.co.uk) because they raise
            the plants themselves, so should be able to collect seed too.

            Best,

            Amanda
          • Kurt
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 20, 2003
              Hi Amanda,thanks for your help,I've sent them an email.
              cheers Kurt