Re: [pfaf] Re: A farm for the Future, great documentary!

  • Ludd
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 8, 2009
      This link Kieren Diment send us:

      http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=a+farm+for+the+future

      works.

      But first you need to download bittorrent from www.*bittorrent*.com
      and be patient because the downloading is very slow.

      Thank you Kieren!

      Ludwig
    • Kate
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 9, 2009
        Thank you everyone. I shall send my friends the link and see how they do. I too thought the doc. was excellent. I hope we have more of such programs including a lot more practical advice.

        Best wishes
        Kate
      • Kieren Diment
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 9, 2009
          On 09/03/2009, at 11:21 AM, Ludd wrote:

          > This link Kieren Diment send us:
          >
          > http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=a+farm+for+the+future
          >
          > works.
          >
          > But first you need to download bittorrent from www.*bittorrent*.com
          > and be patient because the downloading is very slow.

          You may need to adjust your firewall settings

          http://www.btfaq.com/serve/cache/25.html

          > Thank you Kieren!
          >
          > Ludwig

        • Olaf Alafel
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 10, 2009
            or your portforwarding on your router check http://portforward.com/ for easy explanation

            Olaf

            To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
            From: kieren@...
            Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:20:09 +1100
            Subject: Re: [pfaf] Re: A farm for the Future, great documentary!

            On 09/03/2009, at 11:21 AM, Ludd wrote:

            > This link Kieren Diment send us:

            > http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=a+farm+for+the+future

            > works.

            > But first you need to download bittorrent from www.*bittorrent*.com

            > and be patient because the downloading is very slow.

            You may need to adjust your firewall settings

            http://www.btfaq.com/serve/cache/25.html

            > Thank you Kieren!

            > Ludwig

          • ryborgryborg268
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 10, 2009
              R! annoying just tried to watch it...nice photography, but flim was stop starting for some reason. Those grazing fields would I think look better with fruit and nut trees planted as standards in the meadows and produce much higher outputs of food etc. Village/collective forest tenure also wood help the anti fascist movement here in rural England...maybe. ITS MINE ALL MINE.

              --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Ludd <the_pooh_way@...> wrote:

              > Hello list,
              >
              > Someone might have already listed this documentary on this list. Sorry
              > if that is the case.
              > http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00hs8zp
              > There are about 10 days left to watch it on the BBC website.
              >

              > Absolutely brilliant in summarising the challenge of food production we
              > face!
              >
              > I am looking for someone who is able to provide me with a copy of it so
              > that I can burn it on Cd-rom or DVD to use as an educational tool.
              >
              > Ludwig

            • Olaf Alafel
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 11, 2009
                it's on video google
                http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4152340418943461860&ei=g-m3SdrhGKO6qAOh_8j3Aw&q=farm+of+the+future

                Olaf

                http://www.myspace.com/dumbvoxmusic
                http://www.lekkahband.net

                From: olafalafel@...
                To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:13:54 +0000

                To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
                From: kieren@...
                Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:20:09 +1100

                On 09/03/2009, at 11:21 AM, Ludd wrote:

                > This link Kieren Diment send us:

                > http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=a+farm+for+the+future

                > works.

                > But first you need to download bittorrent from www.*bittorrent*.com

                > and be patient because the downloading is very slow.

                You may need to adjust your firewall settings

                http://www.btfaq.com/serve/cache/25.html

                > Thank you Kieren!

                > Ludwig

                Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.
              • Dee Harris
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 11, 2009
                  This was an eye-opener. It contained so much information and much of what my husband and I had been talking about.
                  Thanks, Olaf.
                  Wolf

                  From: olafalafel@hotmail. com
                  To: pfaf@yahoogroups. com
                  Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:13:54 +0000

                  To: pfaf@yahoogroups. com
                  From: kieren@diment. org
                  Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:20:09 +1100

                  On 09/03/2009, at 11:21 AM, Ludd wrote:

                  > This link Kieren Diment send us:

                  > http://www.mininova .org/search/ ?search=a+ farm+for+ the+future

                  > works.

                  > But first you need to download bittorrent from www.*bittorrent* .com

                  > and be patient because the downloading is very slow.

                  You may need to adjust your firewall settings

                  http://www.btfaq. com/serve/ cache/25. html

                  > Thank you Kieren!

                  > Ludwig

                  Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.
                  http://windowslive. com/online/ hotmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_70faster_ 032009

                • R. Dale Asberry
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 12, 2009
                    I live in Indiana, a very industrial agricultural area with all the corn, soybeans, hay, and wheat that's grown. Indiana used to be an old growth black walnut forest. Indiana black walnut wood was so prized that it was so overharvested in early America that the only trees that still grow here are diseased, stunted and contorted -- the beautiful trees having been de-evolved by human selection. But, back to topic: I think this video can go a long way in convincing farmers that forest gardening is a much better way to steward the land. I'm going to focus on how the whole cost structure of it changes too. No more need to borrow tens of thousands of dollars to cover seed planting, fertilizers, and -icides. We still have several feet of soil, even if it's mostly dead. With good stewardship, we can have it living again soon.

                    --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Dee Harris <corbywolf13@...> wrote:

                    > This was an eye-opener. It contained so much information and much of what my husband and I had been talking about.
                    > Thanks, Olaf.
                    > Wolf
                  • ryborgryborg268
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 13, 2009
                      yep permaculture is definitly sound.

                      Very good film.

                      mmm, yes my species rich meadow at Brightling, east sussex, uk. - a seething mass of life, planted with standards of fruit and nut trees. I've just mulched with woodchips for weed supressant and moisture retention especially important in the first year of planting. Fertilised with seawead meal - potash for root development. Send me a message and I'll tell you where it is - check it out in late spring/summer...speshial part of the Weald.

                      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "R. Dale Asberry" <bozomind@...> wrote:

                      > I live in Indiana, a very industrial agricultural area with all the corn, soybeans, hay, and wheat that's grown. Indiana used to be an old growth black walnut forest. Indiana black walnut wood was so prized that it was so overharvested in early America that the only trees that still grow here are diseased, stunted and contorted -- the beautiful trees having been de-evolved by human selection. But, back to topic: I think this video can go a long way in convincing farmers that forest gardening is a much better way to steward the land. I'm going to focus on how the whole cost structure of it changes too. No more need to borrow tens of thousands of dollars to cover seed planting, fertilizers, and -icides. We still have several feet of soil, even if it's mostly dead. With good stewardship, we can have it living again soon.
                      >
                      > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Dee Harris <corbywolf13@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > This was an eye-opener. It contained so much information and much of what my husband and I had been talking about.
                      > > Thanks, Olaf.
                      > > Wolf

                    • Dee Harris
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 13, 2009
                        One of the things that my husband talked about was lasagna gardening. After seeing that video, I have to agree. Plus once we get our land, I intend to gather saplings from all over the US so that we will have a bit of everything and that there will be some species of trees and plants that will be saved from extinction.
                        Wolf

                        mmm, yes my species rich meadow at Brightling, east sussex, uk. - a seething mass of life, planted with standards of fruit and nut trees. I've just mulched with woodchips for weed supressant and moisture retention especially important in the first year of planting. Fertilised with seawead meal - potash for root development. Send me a message and I'll tell you where it is - check it out in late spring/summer. ..speshial part of the Weald.

                        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups. com, "R. Dale Asberry" <bozomind@.. .> wrote:

                        > I live in Indiana, a very industrial agricultural area with all the corn, soybeans, hay, and wheat that's grown. Indiana used to be an old growth black walnut forest. Indiana black walnut wood was so prized that it was so overharvested in early America that the only trees that still grow here are diseased, stunted and contorted -- the beautiful trees having been de-evolved by human selection. But, back to topic: I think this video can go a long way in convincing farmers that forest gardening is a much better way to steward the land. I'm going to focus on how the whole cost structure of it changes too. No more need to borrow tens of thousands of dollars to cover seed planting, fertilizers, and -icides. We still have several feet of soil, even if it's mostly dead. With good stewardship, we can have it living again soon.
                        >
                        > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups. com, Dee Harris <corbywolf13@ > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > This was an eye-opener. It contained so much information and much of what my husband and I had been talking about.
                        > > Thanks, Olaf.
                        > > Wolf

                      • ryborgryborg268
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 14, 2009
                          wow! Mother Earth news! YIP!

                          Take a look at these books:

                          http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/

                          ..incredible thesis and practical manual, groundbreaking. Get this from the library.

                          ..and...

                          Perennial Vegetables: From Artichokes to Zuiki Taro, A Gardener's Guide to Over 100 Delicious and Easy to Grow Edibles by Eric Toensmeier. Easier than the previous volume - start with this book. Describes the 'sheet mulching' techinque very very well, and in a perennial vegetable/plants context. Read this and you'll want to enact this in any private or community garden.

                          Both these books fit very well with the PFAF future ethos.

                          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Dee Harris <corbywolf13@...> wrote:

                          > One of the things that my husband talked about was lasagna gardening. After seeing that video, I have to agree. Plus once we get our land, I intend to gather saplings from all over the US so that we will have a bit of everything and that there will be some species of trees and plants that will be saved from extinction.
                          > Wolf

                        • ryborgryborg268
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 14, 2009
                            http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic-Gardening/1999-04-01/Lasagna-Gardening.aspx

                            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "ryborgryborg268" <cromlech108@...> wrote:

                            > wow! Mother Earth news! YIP!
                            >
                            > Take a look at these books:
                            >
                            > http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/
                            >
                            > ..incredible thesis and practical manual, groundbreaking. Get this from the library.
                            >
                            > ..and...
                            >
                            > Perennial Vegetables: From Artichokes to Zuiki Taro, A Gardener's Guide to Over 100 Delicious and Easy to Grow Edibles by Eric Toensmeier. Easier than the previous volume - start with this book. Describes the 'sheet mulching' techinque very very well, and in a perennial vegetable/plants context. Read this and you'll want to enact this in any private or community garden.
                            >
                            > Both these books fit very well with the PFAF future ethos.
                            >

                            > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Dee Harris <corbywolf13@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > One of the things that my husband talked about was lasagna gardening. After seeing that video, I have to agree. Plus once we get our land, I intend to gather saplings from all over the US so that we will have a bit of everything and that there will be some species of trees and plants that will be saved from extinction.
                            > > Wolf

                          • Griselda Mussett
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 14, 2009
                              Thank you friends for suggesting watch this inspiring TV programme
                              and books to read.
                              Really uplifting.
                              Griselda

                              On 14 Mar 2009, at 09:46, ryborgryborg268 wrote:

                              > http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic-Gardening/1999-04-01/Lasagna-
                              > Gardening.aspx
                              >
                              > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "ryborgryborg268" <cromlech108@...>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > wow! Mother Earth news! YIP!
                              > >
                              > > Take a look at these books:
                              > >
                              > > http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/
                              > >
                              > > ..incredible thesis and practical manual, groundbreaking. Get
                              > this from the library.
                              > >
                              > > ..and...
                              > >
                              > > Perennial Vegetables: From Artichokes to Zuiki Taro, A Gardener's
                              > Guide to Over 100 Delicious and Easy to Grow Edibles by Eric
                              > Toensmeier. Easier than the previous volume - start with this book.
                              > Describes the 'sheet mulching' techinque very very well, and in a
                              > perennial vegetable/plants context. Read this and you'll want to
                              > enact this in any private or community garden.
                              > >
                              > > Both these books fit very well with the PFAF future ethos.
                              > >

                              > > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Dee Harris <corbywolf13@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > One of the things that my husband talked about was lasagna
                              > gardening. After seeing that video, I have to agree. Plus once we
                              > get our land, I intend to gather saplings from all over the US so
                              > that we will have a bit of everything and that there will be some
                              > species of trees and plants that will be saved from extinction.
                              > > > Wolf

                              The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you ~ it's
                              that they are so good for you they could save your life.
                              By David Bjerklie, TIME Magazine, October 20,
                              2003
                              Juice PLUS+ Capsules contain 17 fruits, vegetables, oats and grains.
                              The ingredients are apples, cranberries, dates, oranges, papaya,
                              peaches, pineapples, beets, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, kale,
                              tomatoes, parsley, garlic, spinach, rice bran (no gluten), and oats
                              (no gluten).
                              and ~ NEW - Juice PLUS+ Vineyard Blend adds Blueberries, Cranberries,
                              Concorde Grape, Blackberries, Bilberries, Grape Seed, Raspberry,
                              Elderberries, Red Currants, and Black Currants.
                              Check it out:
                              www.takejuiceplus.co.uk

                            • R. Dale Asberry
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 14, 2009
                                I have Edible Forest Gardens! Fantastic set of books... well worth the investment. I've also read the Mother Earth News lasagna gardening and have started implementing it en-masse in my forest garden. Was trying to increase organic matter in the soil by digging it up and mixing it with manure and peat. Lasagna is SO much easier.

                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 14, 2009
                                  Yes excellent presentation, entire forest gardening methodology even!
                                  I would like to take some sort of practical course/apprenticeship in this methodology...it really is difficult to pick it all up (in fact anything at all!) from a book...certainly in terms of practical application in unique and different situations of private and community land projets. I think it has huge potential - especially when combined with the (essentially non christian) religious or rather auspcious ritual, and natural magic setting/approach. They do mention the garden of eden thing - but I really have found it much easier to see it, to get actual real time magical results using non christian paradigms..but then really Jackes etc were not talking literally about a magically folded out 'garden of eden', but making something like that with a scientifically correct approach (their breakthrough combine with previous temperate forest gardening bookds I think its fair to say) - but as I say with good action, in the right setting one can actually break through into non material magically made reality (much easier I would say in non christian senario)...but it surely helps to have it empirically right in the first place - rather than Robert Harts 'intuition' (or as Jackes etc say, guesswork). (in terms of relative plant placement).

                                  He also makes some statement about 'theocracy watch' on the forest garden homepage - presumably Islamic theocracy. One thing I do know as it goes: I would be given huge respect in the Pashtun tribal areas for various reasons..but here, here in the UK?! Worthless bunch of ****'s with no honour whatsoever. But there you go. Different life experinces. Nothing can beat ritual child abuse for evil..and thats a western thing and not Islam, wether fundimentalist Islam or no. Sufism in a free range way whilst making a garden is something I would ideally want to pursue, and this would, again be respected in Morrocco. A Islamic theocracy, but not fundimentalist one. Think about it folks. This stuff I have described on this list about real time magical shapeshift achived through good works and transcendance of materiual karma (good pagan ritual also) is actually real, and again, it is a consciousness that the current ruling order seek to eliminate entirely from reality, by total and complete evil means...think how sad that is for 'reality' to be reduced to a simple minding material and idiotic psuedo 'christianity'. I really do feel that people need to have this accurate 'anachist consciousness' regarding, well reality! - otherwise one remains blagged and brain skanked by this order of scum that creates illusions made from ritual abuse, thats the reality of the blag of masonic paradigm 'christianity'/society..and thus the need for accurate perception of mainstream western society if only to be able to correctly identify the root cause of the problem (of abuse, exploitation and trashing of Mother Earth that we are seeking to deal with in pursueing things like permaculture and forest gardening etc).