[Fwd: Re: Horseradish]

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2003
      Subject: Re: Horseradish
      Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 00:23:35 +0000
      From: Gloria Goodwin <balicrisiscare@...>
      To: pfaf@...

      Dear Rich,

      Maybe I should explain about me and Crisis Care. I run a small
      hospital for the poor in northern Bali. We have a full medical team
      which treats patients free of charge, we do everything from delivering
      babies through accidents and even run the area AIDS council. We are
      also instrumental in forming the first of many "kitchen Garden Projects"
      for those who have very little food. After the bomb in Bali, I worked
      with the bomb victims from a couple of hours after and for two weeks
      during the most horrific nursing experience I have ever had in my life.
      I am actually English but a long way back, having settled in Australia
      for twenty years and then in Bali for eight. In the schools here
      children are hungry as there
      is no money to buy their lunches due to the serious situation of job losses
      on this island post bomb.Many, up to 40% are not even able to go to school
      as their parents have no money for the fees.

      So we are starting these little gardens to teach the kids how to grow
      food on a very small space and the
      school yards are now becoming little market gardens. Also we have bought
      land here to turn into a set of allotments so that the very poorest
      families
      can be shown how to grow nutritious vegetables organically and eventually
      these vegetables will supplement their food supply and hopefully keep them
      healthy.

      I would appreciate if you could forward my e-mail to anyone who may
      be interested in becoming involved, even just in a small way.

      We have an appeal going for donated seeds for tropical conditions and
      have been lucky to have had seeds sent from the UK, America and Mexico
      and Australia...They have been successfully sent in the post to us and
      there has not been a problem with that ...every seed sent arrives
      OK...If you can help us in any way please could you let me know...I am
      sorry you are so busy but this is a very worthwhile cause and I am sure
      there would be some people who would like to help us to collect more
      non-hybrid seeds....Let me know your thought on this...

      Regards...Gloria....Crisis Care Foundation..Lovina ,
      Bali..Indonesia...

      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2003
        We would be happy to send seeds, but we would like for you to make
        some suggestions, as of course we have never gardened in a tropical
        country. Also, we would need the mailing address.

        Robert Waldrop
        Oklahoma Food Project
        http://www.oklahomafood.org