Re: [pfaf] Plants for abroad

  • Ken Fern
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2003
      Dear Sue

      It is very hard to answer your question since there are literally many
      hundreds of plants you could take.

      Have you considered taking bulbs, since these are much easier to transport
      and will give years of pleasure. There are many ornamental onions with
      delicious tasting leaves, flowers and bulbs, for example, that will do well
      there. n particular, there is a N. American bulb, the quamash (Camassia
      quamash) that should do very well there and is truly delicious.

      These, and lots of other bulbs, are available from garden centres and
      nurseries right now for autumn planting.

      If you want information on these plants, visit our website and either search
      in the database or look at our leaflets on "Ornamental Onions" and
      "Alternative Roots Crops".

      If you have a more specific idea on the type of plant you would like to
      take, then feel free to get in touch and I could make more detailed
      suggestions.

      Regards

      Ken Fern