medicinal mushrooms

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
      Hello..
      On that subject, check out www.fungi.com
      That's the website for Paul Stamets' business - called Fungi Perfecti - in
      Washington State; it's a great resource and they sell ground mycelium of
      medicinal mushrooms in capsule and solution forms.

      Paul has some good talks on youtube and other sites.. if you type his name
      into any search engine, you'll come up with lots.

      Did anyone know that kingdom Fungi had been merged with the Animal kingdom?
      They call it Opisthokonta now.. somewhat unwieldy, but it points out that we
      have a common ancestor.

      Of course that's if you believe in evolution, I guess....

      Sorry, that's not directed at anyone; it just seemed awkward all of a
      sudden.
      I could feel the wave of evolutionary opinion reaching creationists and
      bouncing back towards me (kind of like sonar) - and they went "What is he on
      about? Ancestors?" And they shook their heads.

      I really wasn't trying to get a rise out of anyone; I just feel that
      mushrooms are indeed our allies and that in fact forests and jungles would
      literally cease to exist if there were no fungi present.

      Peace,

      Steve.

    • Infowolf1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
        Now that is very interesting.
        I read in a cookbook, that mushrooms, or at least the white ones in
        the stores, have the same food stuff as meat.

        Mary Christine

        In a message dated 2/24/2009 4:08:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        permalove@... writes:

        Did anyone know that kingdom Fungi had been merged with the Animal kingdom?
        They call it Opisthokonta now.. somewhat unwieldy, but it points out that we
        have a common ancestor.

        **************You're invited to Hollywood's biggest party: Get Oscars
        updates, red carpet pics and more at Moviefone.
        (http://movies.aol.com/oscars-academy-awards?ncid=emlcntusmovi00000001)

      • Infowolf1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
          You don't have to believe in Darwinian evolution to see that
          there can be templates shared in the production of many
          things.

          There is also punctuated equilibrium, and the extremely
          similar but not identical saltation theories of evolution, which
          are both compatible with Genesis and seem to scream of a
          need for an Intelligent Designer to be running it, though they
          don't speak of such.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
            actually its not in animalia they are both in the Opisthokonta group.
            _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opisthokonta_

          • matthew@b-and-t-world-seeds.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
              Mushrooms grow on waste natural materials, huge amounts can be grown on a small land surface area (they do not need light, so can be grown on racks in any controllable environment - caves, warehouses, container ships) Production need not waste resources or energy, and can even help biodegrade waste, producing compost and other byproducts.

              (I didn't mention Manna)

              Matt

              permalove@... writes:

[...]

              Your email settings: