Re: [pfaf] Edibility of Passion flowers

  • hill8628
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2001
      According to ENCYCLOPEDIA OF HERBAL PLANTS by Andrew Chevallier:

      PASIONFLOWER

      KEY CONSTITUENTS:

      Flavonoids (apigenin)
      Maltol
      Cyanogenic glycosides (gynocardin)
      Indole alkaloids (harman)

      RESEARCH:

      INDOLE ALKALOIDS: Research has not yet conclusively established that
      passionsflower contains indole alkaloids.

      Jackie from NY
      Hill8628@...