Re: [pfaf] more Manna

  • matthew@b-and-t-world-seeds.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 19, 2009
      >none of these plants presence in a place, results in enough
      little round things all over the ground to feed thousands and
      thousands of people and probably animals too every day
      for forty years.<

      Mary Christine Erikson

      Good point !

      But members of the nightshade group with Atropine and similar alkaloids do grow profusely in the Eastern Mediterranean region, with some very interesting Hyoscyamus species and Mandragora with enormous roots. Many were used as medicines and traces have been found at archaeological sites. Many other plants also became part of the local societies, and trade between Africa and Asia introduced all sorts of interesting plants - many of these plants have become keystones of agriculture today.

      Matt

    • luc vleeracker
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 19, 2009
        A book I strongly recommend ( if you're into that ) is the revised and expanded edition of " Plants of the Gods " their sacred , healing and hallucinogenic powers.

        Luc
        Mexico