Seeking a Plant from The Amazon

  • boisenberryfiesta
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2009
      Hello,

      I am seeking Trichilia glabra which has been found to be a remedy for
      stomatitis. It grows in the Amazon forest. I have tried to find
      exporters, researcher and other resources that could help me find this
      plant - to no avail. Is there someone on this group who can help me?

      Thanks - Joy
    • matthew@b-and-t-world-seeds.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2009
        Hello Joy,

        B and T World Seeds have offered the seeds of Trichilia glabra in the past, you can add it to the wants list here:
        http://www.b-and-t-world-seeds.com/wants.asp?wanted=Trichilia%20glabra/73817

        Trichilia glabra is not only found in the Amazon basin, it is fairly widespread in other parts of Brazil, Belize, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Cuba, Mexico, Panama . . .

        It is also worth looking for cheaper and more accessible plants with similar activities - probably several people in this group can advise.

        All the best,
        Matthew

        Matthew Sleigh
        P-2, North Poblacion
        Don Carlos, Bukidnon
        8712
        Philippines

        Matthew Sleigh
        B and T World Seeds
        Paguignan
        34210 Aigues-Vives
        France
        matthew@...
        http://b-and-t-world-seeds.com/
        fax ++ 33 (0) 4 68 91 30 39

      • boisenberryfiesta
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2009
          Matthew,

          Thanks for this very interesting information. I am looking for the
          leaves or extract to use in a case of stomatitis which I've heard
          tricilia glabra can actually treat well if not cure. Do you have any
          leads as to where I might be able to access these products? Does
          someone on the list know of anything comparable to this plant that can
          actually heal the membranes of the mouth?

          Thank you so much for your assistance.

          Best wishes,
          Joy

          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, matthew@... wrote:

          > Hello Joy,
          >
          > B and T World Seeds have offered the seeds of Trichilia glabra in
          the past, you can add it to the wants list here:

          http://www.b-and-t-world-seeds.com/wants.asp?wanted=Trichilia%20glabra/73817

          > Trichilia glabra is not only found in the Amazon basin, it is fairly
          widespread in other parts of Brazil, Belize, Puerto Rico, Argentina,
          Cuba, Mexico, Panama . . .

          > It is also worth looking for cheaper and more accessible plants with
          similar activities - probably several people in this group can advise.

          > All the best,
          > Matthew
          >
          > Matthew Sleigh
          > P-2, North Poblacion
          > Don Carlos, Bukidnon
          > 8712
          > Philippines
          >
          > Matthew Sleigh
          > B and T World Seeds
          > Paguignan
          > 34210 Aigues-Vives
          > France
          > matthew@...
          > http://b-and-t-world-seeds.com/
          > fax ++ 33 (0) 4 68 91 30 39

        • Gail
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2009
            Henriette's Herbal Homepage has a great file on stomatitis. Here's the
            link. Her remedies should be MUCH easier for you to get!

            http://www.henriettesherbal.com/eclectic/thomas/stomatitis-acu.html

            Gail