Re: Some land for sale in East Sussex that is ideal for growing fruit and nut trees.

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
      Sorry I mean lot 1 is best for food trees. Having read some more
      economics news tonight, I'm not sure about the £80000 price even!
      Current asking price is £140000. Yes for 16.5 acres. Sounds unreal to
      anyone anywhere else in the world other than Ireland possibly. So we
      have had a massive 'magic of the market' debt bubble funded real
      estate bubble here in the UK. Is it babylon vampire beast falling as
      per end of old age time prophecy?..maybe. Take a look at this.
      Shouldn't really give you this. (its suppost to cost 50 quid a year):

      http://www.martinweiss.com/images/PDF/418_Feb_09.pdf

      As you can see, a VERY serious economic depression, possible multiple
      banking system collapse...which would imply I assume (Weiss doesn't
      go into this), a swift collapse of the money economic system of
      distribution of goods and services including food, which would imply
      serious public disorder/riots/food shortages etc...so food production
      is going to a priority, especially non market production
      systems/senarios.

      By the way everyone on this list in cool temperate zones should take
      a look at David Jackes' incredible work. It takes temperate forest
      gardening to an entirely new level. Rips apart Robert Harts half
      baked semi mystic babble and practice...despite acknoledging Hart as
      the pioneer of temperate forest garening. Bizarre really. I know the
      trap that Hart fell into, because it, the magic, the 'alchemy'
      becomes real, the auspicious intellegence of nature manifests in the
      work (regardless often of best empirical practice), auspicious
      magical manifestation of creation dream (there I go again!), rather
      than the world of dog eat dog evolution and win lose etc...the sacred
      space. Jackes manages to combine it all somehow in a unique and
      deeply healing way..at the same time as making himself the target of
      a possible fatwa by making a pronouncment about 'theocracy watch'. I
      guess the boy don't know about the western money trick theocracy
      being a bit of a middle class type new ager I think its fair to say
      (like a lot of 'permies') - i.e. the ritual child abuse construct
      that is in the process of falling right now.

      Praise be to God.

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <cromlech108@...> wrote:

      > http://www.charlesclark.co.uk/MountfieldLot1.html
      >
      > This place is like something from mid Wales - cosmic in the for
      real
      > Indian sense and also south facing. Lot 2 is the best I think for
      > growing food trees. In the current economic conditions I don't
      think
      > its actually worth more than £80000. This land would really make an
      > ideal place to do a design and planting layout based on David
      Jackes'
      > system:
      >
      > http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/
      >
      > I don't have the full money myself to buy this area of land but
      would
      > be quite interested in buying it with others. Either, say dividing
      it
      > up into plots, maybe 4, 5 or 6 lots, or maybe doing a collective
      > project. Or even we could do a collective project on most with
      > finacial shareholders having onto say 1/2 acre each of personal
      land
      > to do stuff with.
      >
      > On the other hand someone with the money reading this might, after
      > seeing it (go on a sunny day to see the amazing south aspect) just
      > want to go out and buy it themselves. A jinormous amount of food
      > could be grown on this land, which is currently grazed by a few
      sheep.

      > Lot 2 was under offer last time I spoke to the agents.
      >
      > Jim

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
        One other thing. In the short term (forgetting about end of old age
        time for a mo). Differering from Wiesss' anaylsys of the USA
        situation, in the UK context there is a possible issue of implosion
        of sterling which would possible imply hyperinflation. (Note Weiss'
        comments about a possible downgrade of the UK's credit rating, which
        would imply more investors selling relativly unsafe sterling assets,
        and/or increase in interest rates to keep investment here...see the
        situation is rapidly and massivly spiraling out of control...as the
        sociapathic war criminal Gorden Brown keeps pressing the double or
        quits panic gamble button to try, just to prove to everyone that it
        really did have capitalist system alachemy sussed, and that he really
        did put an end to capitalist boom and bust cycles. He fails
        obviously.

        Already some car manufacturers are raising prices due to increased
        costs of imports of components from the Eurozone. What does this mean
        for savings in sterling? Thats obvious. Bye bye! How to hedge/protect
        against this possibilty (other than simply switching to euro or US $
        account?) I'll get back to you on that one when I've sussed it
        out..if anyone knows, I mean really knows and not some boy
        bullshitting, please elucidate. And of course the broker you are
        doing deals with or bank that is holding your stash must be safe.
        Currently I'm using the Ecology building society on the basis that
        they are mutual and also investments, assets in form of loans are in
        sound assets that are currently holding value more than plastic perv
        world. In fact a eco arcetect freind has more business recently than
        ever before and is rushed off his feet. The Co-op bank has no
        investment in Credit derivitives or even credit card debt!..there
        does seem to be forming an alternative reality in eco/ethical world
        from finance/banking to eco business etc. I persoanly do not have
        Weiss' faith in the government system. The weak link in the UK
        senario of ethical finance/business etc is implosion of sterling.

        Maybe put have stash in $ account to hedge...then take a <toke>
        forget about property and money and share. Was throwing around money
        again last Saturday in Brighton club. I mean literally. Gotta get
        some E and take a drive through Brighton with the bright yellow off
        road series 110 landrover and throw wads of cash outta the window!
        WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        We are heading into a Zimbabwee situation in the UK at least..maybe.
        Should have done this, should have done that. Should have joined the
        euro. Should have executed Gorden Brown. Should have prayed to Jesus.
        Should have taken LSD. (etc).

        Nite!