Some land for sale in East Sussex that is ideal for growing fruit and nut trees.

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
      http://www.charlesclark.co.uk/MountfieldLot1.html

      This place is like something from mid Wales - cosmic in the for real
      Indian sense and also south facing. Lot 2 is the best I think for
      growing food trees. In the current economic conditions I don't think
      its actually worth more than £80000. This land would really make an
      ideal place to do a design and planting layout based on David Jackes'
      system:

      http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/

      I don't have the full money myself to buy this area of land but would
      be quite interested in buying it with others. Either, say dividing it
      up into plots, maybe 4, 5 or 6 lots, or maybe doing a collective
      project. Or even we could do a collective project on most with
      finacial shareholders having onto say 1/2 acre each of personal land
      to do stuff with.

      On the other hand someone with the money reading this might, after
      seeing it (go on a sunny day to see the amazing south aspect) just
      want to go out and buy it themselves. A jinormous amount of food
      could be grown on this land, which is currently grazed by a few sheep.

      Lot 2 was under offer last time I spoke to the agents.

      Jim
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
        Sorry I mean lot 1 is best for food trees. Having read some more
        economics news tonight, I'm not sure about the £80000 price even!
        Current asking price is £140000. Yes for 16.5 acres. Sounds unreal to
        anyone anywhere else in the world other than Ireland possibly. So we
        have had a massive 'magic of the market' debt bubble funded real
        estate bubble here in the UK. Is it babylon vampire beast falling as
        per end of old age time prophecy?..maybe. Take a look at this.
        Shouldn't really give you this. (its suppost to cost 50 quid a year):

        http://www.martinweiss.com/images/PDF/418_Feb_09.pdf

        As you can see, a VERY serious economic depression, possible multiple
        banking system collapse...which would imply I assume (Weiss doesn't
        go into this), a swift collapse of the money economic system of
        distribution of goods and services including food, which would imply
        serious public disorder/riots/food shortages etc...so food production
        is going to a priority, especially non market production
        systems/senarios.

        By the way everyone on this list in cool temperate zones should take
        a look at David Jackes' incredible work. It takes temperate forest
        gardening to an entirely new level. Rips apart Robert Harts half
        baked semi mystic babble and practice...despite acknoledging Hart as
        the pioneer of temperate forest garening. Bizarre really. I know the
        trap that Hart fell into, because it, the magic, the 'alchemy'
        becomes real, the auspicious intellegence of nature manifests in the
        work (regardless often of best empirical practice), auspicious
        magical manifestation of creation dream (there I go again!), rather
        than the world of dog eat dog evolution and win lose etc...the sacred
        space. Jackes manages to combine it all somehow in a unique and
        deeply healing way..at the same time as making himself the target of
        a possible fatwa by making a pronouncment about 'theocracy watch'. I
        guess the boy don't know about the western money trick theocracy
        being a bit of a middle class type new ager I think its fair to say
        (like a lot of 'permies') - i.e. the ritual child abuse construct
        that is in the process of falling right now.

        Praise be to God.

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <cromlech108@...> wrote:

        > http://www.charlesclark.co.uk/MountfieldLot1.html
        >
        > This place is like something from mid Wales - cosmic in the for
        real
        > Indian sense and also south facing. Lot 2 is the best I think for
        > growing food trees. In the current economic conditions I don't
        think
        > its actually worth more than £80000. This land would really make an
        > ideal place to do a design and planting layout based on David
        Jackes'
        > system:
        >
        > http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/
        >
        > I don't have the full money myself to buy this area of land but
        would
        > be quite interested in buying it with others. Either, say dividing
        it
        > up into plots, maybe 4, 5 or 6 lots, or maybe doing a collective
        > project. Or even we could do a collective project on most with
        > finacial shareholders having onto say 1/2 acre each of personal
        land
        > to do stuff with.
        >
        > On the other hand someone with the money reading this might, after
        > seeing it (go on a sunny day to see the amazing south aspect) just
        > want to go out and buy it themselves. A jinormous amount of food
        > could be grown on this land, which is currently grazed by a few
        sheep.

        > Lot 2 was under offer last time I spoke to the agents.
        >
        > Jim

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
          One other thing. In the short term (forgetting about end of old age
          time for a mo). Differering from Wiesss' anaylsys of the USA
          situation, in the UK context there is a possible issue of implosion
          of sterling which would possible imply hyperinflation. (Note Weiss'
          comments about a possible downgrade of the UK's credit rating, which
          would imply more investors selling relativly unsafe sterling assets,
          and/or increase in interest rates to keep investment here...see the
          situation is rapidly and massivly spiraling out of control...as the
          sociapathic war criminal Gorden Brown keeps pressing the double or
          quits panic gamble button to try, just to prove to everyone that it
          really did have capitalist system alachemy sussed, and that he really
          did put an end to capitalist boom and bust cycles. He fails
          obviously.

          Already some car manufacturers are raising prices due to increased
          costs of imports of components from the Eurozone. What does this mean
          for savings in sterling? Thats obvious. Bye bye! How to hedge/protect
          against this possibilty (other than simply switching to euro or US $
          account?) I'll get back to you on that one when I've sussed it
          out..if anyone knows, I mean really knows and not some boy
          bullshitting, please elucidate. And of course the broker you are
          doing deals with or bank that is holding your stash must be safe.
          Currently I'm using the Ecology building society on the basis that
          they are mutual and also investments, assets in form of loans are in
          sound assets that are currently holding value more than plastic perv
          world. In fact a eco arcetect freind has more business recently than
          ever before and is rushed off his feet. The Co-op bank has no
          investment in Credit derivitives or even credit card debt!..there
          does seem to be forming an alternative reality in eco/ethical world
          from finance/banking to eco business etc. I persoanly do not have
          Weiss' faith in the government system. The weak link in the UK
          senario of ethical finance/business etc is implosion of sterling.

          Maybe put have stash in $ account to hedge...then take a <toke>
          forget about property and money and share. Was throwing around money
          again last Saturday in Brighton club. I mean literally. Gotta get
          some E and take a drive through Brighton with the bright yellow off
          road series 110 landrover and throw wads of cash outta the window!
          WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          We are heading into a Zimbabwee situation in the UK at least..maybe.
          Should have done this, should have done that. Should have joined the
          euro. Should have executed Gorden Brown. Should have prayed to Jesus.
          Should have taken LSD. (etc).

          Nite!