Re: [pfaf] Re: 5 acre meadow planted with fruituing and nutting trees

  • Sara Elbrai
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
      I would love to see a scientific explanation for that. It seems highly unlikely. I have both almonds and peaches growing next to each other and there seems to be no effect on the flavor of the almonds and certainly no bitterness.

      Here in California there is extensive study of almonds and no such pollenizer effect has been noted. In fact a European study has shown that pollenizers do not seem to affect almond flavor:

      http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=1533391

      Sara

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
        don't worry I can believe it...theres so much bullshit in this field
        its unreal. I give up. Official.