Re: [pfaf] Re: Blue potatoes

  • Peter Ellis
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2008
      The message <ggva5v+p097@...>
      from "mirakulu2003" <mirakulu2003@...> contains these words:

      > Are these GMO potatoes?

      I don't thinks so. They seem to originate in Peru.

      Cheers

      Peter
    • Mat Coward
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2008
        I find some of the blue spuds very tasty - especially small ones, cooked whole in pies, where they hold their texture very well. Here in the UK you can buy "seed" of them very easily from several mail order sources. The colour does take a bit of getting used to, especially if you have them as mash - and of course, it's a bit tricky to tell when they've gone green!
        - Mat
        http://homepages.phonecoop.coop/matcoward/