Re: [pfaf] Re: Blue potatoes

  • Margi
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2008
      Heck no. They are not GMO. I don't "do" GMO. There are all sorts of
      colorful potatoes that originated in Peru including these.

      ~margi

      mirakulu2003 wrote:

      > Are these GMO potatoes?
      >
      > Peter Ellis wrote:
      >
      > Today I found something I'd never heard of before, in a local
      > supermarket, blue potatoes. Googling them produced lots of results,
      > which really surprised me. I thought I'd come across most foods before,
      > as I've travelled extensively, but I'd never heard of these, let alone
      > seen them before.

    • Peter Ellis
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2008
        The message <ggva5v+p097@...>
        from "mirakulu2003" <mirakulu2003@...> contains these words:

        > Are these GMO potatoes?

        I don't thinks so. They seem to originate in Peru.

        Cheers

        Peter
      • Mat Coward
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 2, 2008
          I find some of the blue spuds very tasty - especially small ones, cooked whole in pies, where they hold their texture very well. Here in the UK you can buy "seed" of them very easily from several mail order sources. The colour does take a bit of getting used to, especially if you have them as mash - and of course, it's a bit tricky to tell when they've gone green!
          - Mat
          http://homepages.phonecoop.coop/matcoward/