mispelled privet, not private

  • charfair fairchar
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2008
      We have other plants that are invasive besides kudzu. Kudzu is edible, and
      privet isn't, so I am ruthless about cutting that back.
      I read that bats need a flying start, like a drop. If they are on the ground
      for some reason they won't be able to fly. This happened when I worked at an
      historic mansion. They flew in from the chimneys of an 1838 mansion and
      there were 50 to 70 on the floor when I arrived. The lady volunteer of the
      historical foundation came and swept them up and threw them outside, where
      they flew. Then someone had a wedding and 5 or 10 came out during the
      wedding and flew around. They had to secure the chimneys so bats couldn't
      get into them.

      --
      Charlotte Fairchild Liphart