scratch and rock apple rooting method, links working

  • charfair fairchar
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2008
      I put a limb of a rose, maple, hydrangea after I scratch the side near the
      earth low and then put a small boulder (I am not too strong--but I do
      exaggerate) on top of that in the spring and get a lovely maple, hydrangea,
      rose or some other plant about a year later. Has anyone tried a similar
      method with apples?

      I would like seeds for the pig snout apple, please. Something about an ugly
      apple is intriguing. They left it out of the pictures.

      When I place a link in my letters, I tap the space bar or the "enter" after
      the link, and for some reason that "sets" the link.
      Charlotte Fairchild Liphart
      770*289*5306 cell

    • Allmende Verden
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
        Again for the non-native-speakers, please: the side of what do you scratch?
        What is the meaning of "scratching low" (the dictionary doesn´t know)?
        I think there is no verb about what you do with the limb. What do you
        do with the limb?
        All in all I really don´t know what you`re doing there.
        sorry & greetings from Klaus

        Zitat von charfair fairchar <FertilityFair@...>:

        > I put a limb of a rose, maple, hydrangea after I scratch the side near the
        > earth low and then put a small boulder (I am not too strong--but I do
        > exaggerate) on top of that in the spring and get a lovely maple, hydrangea,
        > rose or some other plant about a year later. Has anyone tried a similar
        > method with apples?
        >
        > I would like seeds for the pig snout apple, please. Something about an ugly
        > apple is intriguing. They left it out of the pictures.
        >
        > When I place a link in my letters, I tap the space bar or the "enter" after
        > the link, and for some reason that "sets" the link.
        > Charlotte Fairchild Liphart
        > 770*289*5306 cell

        Artilleriestr. 6
        D-27283 Verden
        Tel (+49) 4231- 90 50 30
        Mobil (+49) 176- 23172036
        http://www.allmende.de.vu
      • Bryn Thomas
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2008
          Scratch & rock method, & also air layering are said to work.

          The ugliest apple by far is the Knobby Russet. See [not my picture]: http://flickr.com/photos/75161281@N00/2525518926
        • manofpeace32
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2008
            You could just put a brick on a brach, ansd place it onthe ground
            I think if yiou wear away par t of ther branch the place to do it
            would be the (editing in --- Under the) BUD (or the little bumps on
            the branches)

            Or accuealy probaly be better to put it right under the bud, thats
            what I do with cuttings, ---------
            -tree braches grow into the ground naturaly also,So I don't think
            that needs to be done, but it shouldn't hurt.

            Bryn that is a interesting loooking apple
            If I had the room I would probaly grow it.
            I could accualy see some one selling those to a grocery store,
            and then the grocery store selling them for 2 for 5 bucks.

            I seen this looking up a appple( Snell's Glass Apple )
            -- it haas nursery links,
            and it mentions Pig snout apple -- pig nose
            http://www.england-in-particular.info/orchards/o-cornw-f.html

            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
            wrote:

            > Again for the non-native-speakers, please: the side of what do you
            scratch?
            > What is the meaning of "scratching low" (the dictionary doesn´t
            know)?
            > I think there is no verb about what you do with the limb. What do
            you
            > do with the limb?
            > All in all I really don´t know what you`re doing there.
            > sorry & greetings from Klaus
            >
            > Zitat von charfair fairchar <FertilityFair@...>:
            >
            > > I put a limb of a rose, maple, hydrangea after I scratch the side
            near the
            > > earth low and then put a small boulder (I am not too strong--but
            I do
            > > exaggerate) on top of that in the spring and get a lovely maple,
            hydrangea,
            > > rose or some other plant about a year later. Has anyone tried a
            similar
            > > method with apples?
            > >
            > > I would like seeds for the pig snout apple, please. Something
            about an ugly
            > > apple is intriguing. They left it out of the pictures.
            > >
            > > When I place a link in my letters, I tap the space bar or
            the "enter" after
            > > the link, and for some reason that "sets" the link.
            > > Charlotte Fairchild Liphart
            > > 770*289*5306 cell

            > Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
            > Artilleriestr. 6
            > D-27283 Verden
            > Tel (+49) 4231- 90 50 30
            > Mobil (+49) 176- 23172036
            > http://www.allmende.de.vu
            > Wir bieten Praktika und freiwilliges ökologisches Jahr.

          • Allmende Verden
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008
              Hey man of peace,
              you must be kidding, this accumulation of literal errors and misplaced
              parts of sentences can´t be a serious attempt to explain things more
              easily. You´d better stop trying!
              K.