Re: Old Uk apple varieties

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
      Has anyone mentioned Cool Temperate Permaculture, the chap there is
      very into "own-root" fruit trees
      http://www.cooltemperate.co.uk/own_root.shtml
      his catalogue has a number of varities which do well on their own roots.

      Rich
    • Marshall and Endemann
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
        > You'll have to cut and paste the entire link into
        > the browser - it does that sometimes (I mean not having the entire
        > link address so that it doesn't automatically).

        Hi Jim, I did that and there's still something wrong. It won't open for
        me.

        Chris

      • Bryn Thomas
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
          there's a sussex apple variety called tinsley quince cos its fruit are quince like. Are you in sussex?
          Bryn
        • Mary Lloyd
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 8, 2008
            Hi Bryn,
            I was born in Kent, lived in Surrey and worked a while in Sussex....lol...but I moved to Wales in my late teens and stayed here.
            Thanks for the info, I will look that up!
            Blessings
            Whinnie