Re: Miracle Berry

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
      Hi Leo,
      This is the article on the Miracle Berry as it appeared in April of '08 on
      the BBC's website.
      There is reference to the plant being used in west Africa for centuries
      (eaten before meals) with no ill effects.

      This is the wiki article on it.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit

      I have no personal experience with this plant.

      Peace,

      Steve.

      --
      "Look beyond complexion and see community.."
      Maya Angelou

    • leokea
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
        Thanks a lot Steve, interesting article. But almost impossible to
        find seeds. Strange isn't it?
        I collect all I find on it, but still not convinced. Momentarily I
        should concentrate on West africa, but then the local name is still
        missing. B+T world seeds seems to offer something, but is it
        thrustworthy?

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Steve <permalove@...> wrote:

        > Hi Leo,
        > This is the article on the Miracle Berry as it appeared in April
        of '08 on
        > the BBC's website.
        > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7367548.stm
        > There is reference to the plant being used in west Africa for
        centuries
        > (eaten before meals) with no ill effects.
        >
        > This is the wiki article on it.
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
        >
        > I have no personal experience with this plant.
        >
        > Peace,
        >
        > Steve.
        >
        > --
        > "Look beyond complexion and see community.."
        > Maya Angelou

      • Sara Elbrai
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 15, 2008
          Not convinced of what?