Re: I have a small amount of fresh Crategus (Hawthorn) pedicellato seed available

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <cromlech108@...> wrote:

      > Send me an email (not to the list please) with a delivery address
      and
      > I'll post them off to u asap for free!
      >
      > I believe that hawthorn seed will be likely to give 50%
      germnination
      > the following spring if planted fresh, i.e. now.
      >
      > The Agroforestery Research Trust says that it tastes good, like
      > apple. Its OK, I wouldn't say it tasted fantastic or anything. If
      you
      > are on a foraging meditation it would be useful. It would be nice
      > grow this seed and so to have it on own rootstock also rather than
      > grafted. This is good to be able to do this. That was the idea of
      the
      > project, to grow interesting fruiting/nutting trees and give away
      > seed, plant material, nuts and fruits for eating, etc.
      >
      > You would have liked David Everys project, people. A Hazel and
      Walnut
      > experimental trial crop project on 6 acres in the hills of Powys.
      He
      > was a mediational hermit geezer. I discovered his aboandoned
      project
      > a few years after his death. Oh whats her name from the movement
      for
      > compassionate living, now also dead, told me about his place. I
      > gather lots of nuts. Best trees went to ART. Guess what. A cop
      bought
      > the derelict place, renovated the house, tore out most of the trees
      > even though he was grazing pigs that love the landscape Every had
      > created. Just out of anti hippy spite I think. David was into
      > cannabis also....it make the meditation deeper. Damn. I could have
      > bought that place, but spent a few months persuding my parents to
      buy
      > it for a collective project. (40 grand in 2001)...when I got back
      > Everys relative who then owned it, he said a private sale had been
      > agreed (with the cop). There are actually still a few walnut trees
      > there last time I made a visit. Saw it for sale recently..the new
      > people changed the name of the holding from 'nutters' to 'gutters'.
      > Ridicuals! I'll post up the map reference. This location should be
      > should be a place of pilgrimage for everyone into Nut tree etc
      > foraging reality. It was like community wide alchmey - I'm sure it
      > was powerful magic..and it was this apsect that was so threatening
      > the...the how can I express it, the traditional type UK reality
      > really. I viewed it as destiny. At least the alchemy was saved I
      feel
      > by the fact that the ART now has the products. David Every is an
      > unknown. he shouldn't be. He was a great geezer!
      >
      > Heres the map reference:
      >
      > Landranger 148 SO325704
      >
      > Blessings - ultimately we can go into aupsicious goddess reality,
      > Avalon perhaps, tribal soveriegnty perhaps, where goddess dragon
      > spirit rises/manifests, consciousness changes, the ancestors speak,
      > all the good hippy shit becomes real, we communicate by this magic
      > etc etc. Thats what I mean by David Everys alchemy. Powerful thing.
      > recall taking on this energy...when trying to make various projects
      > happen..and you could feel it trying to happen the other end of the
      > phone say..and you could also feel the counter energy trying to
      > maintain the status quo...and kinda drive you a biyt mad, and
      > to 'win' against bthis energy of community wide change..it would be
      > like golden light, no more than that, a physical thing. Deep old
      > school paganism...with tribal (maybe Cymru) aspect...maybe thats
      why
      > the mainstream of the vegan growing etc movement never picked up on
      > what Every was doing. Difficult to know exactly with cannabis in
      the
      > trip which it was then (that in no way neccessarily makes it all in
      > ones head by the way, recall that cannabis and magic are mixed in
      > this exact way in India)...OM

      I feel Every was doing some real time magic thing with vegan
      alchemy...mmmm... tree sprit based magic - r that was it...no maybe
      more...it is something ESPECIALLY as hermetical medicant that the how
      can I say, ritual abuse elements of red coat foxhunt try and destroy,
      and this sort of ritual abuse being community wide effect
      traditionally in rural UK society...something like that
      anyway..forces of good and evil like merlin the wizard and that
      annoying little boy, Harry Potter, but in reality the British State,
      blightyworld that he represents maybe IS the evil source, which
      exists through the suppression of the Avalon auspicious goddess
      aspect tribal sovereignty reality in the mainstream present day
      consciousness. Wow that takes me back.

      blessed be!

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
> [...]
        > > this exact way in India)...OM
        >
        > I feel Every was doing some real time magic thing with vegan
        > alchemy...mmmm... tree sprit based magic - r that was it...no maybe
        > more...it is something ESPECIALLY as hermetical medicant that the
        how
        > can I say, ritual abuse elements of red coat foxhunt try and
        destroy,
        > and this sort of ritual abuse being community wide effect
        > traditionally in rural UK society...something like that
        > anyway..forces of good and evil like merlin the wizard and that
        > annoying little boy, Harry Potter, but in reality the British
        State,
        > blightyworld that he represents maybe IS the evil source, which
        > exists through the suppression of the Avalon auspicious goddess
        > aspect tribal sovereignty reality in the mainstream present day

        I know that sort of thing sounds k00ky to the mainstream ear

        Here, I'll try again:

        Deep in the forest is a myth that becomes real that goes beyond human
        invention. SHE, da goddess! I just connected into it through doing
        lots and lots of pixying I think..as a natural process. Never been
        into offical covens, or groups of pagans, or even the Donga clique of
        protesters that were into magic..as you'll know if you'd bothered
        reading through my rants about them here. No all 'natural magic' with
        me more or less. I think there is something about the Mother
        Earth/Goddess aspect being absent from the 'western' mind/reality due
        to programming by anti magic ritual abuse...and this ritual abuse
        paradigm suppresses this aspect individually and especially
        collectivly, on a society wide basis. Thus 'Avalon' has dissappeared
        into myth and been replaced with blightyworld etc.

        I felt this process strongly at David Everys place - not
        that 'Avalon' would neccessarily be veganic of course - because the
        point of this is that reality is not fixed, can fold by magic, and
        many realities exist, or can do once mind is liberated (especially
        from blighty/'christian'/mason world)..but its possible to make an
        auspcious, Goddess/Mother Earth aspected consciousness (and the very
        reality!) within the vegan tree culture etc context. I.e. 'alchemy'.
        Thus stuff is my true love... I think one needs to do 'karma yoga'
        (good action) to generate sufficent positive energy to be able to se
        it maybe...to be able to break through current western mainstream
        program of the 'old age' and see reality as it really is..an infinite
        process, folding out new realities through magic. That might be a
        concept of god? - the infinite universe(s) folding out out infinitely
        through space and time. Why? - a mystery. The Great Mystery as Native
        Americans say.
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2008
          Hi again ya'll.

          This is from Ultimate Fruits and Nuts by Susanne Llye:

          "Propagation: Seed: The seed coat contains strong germination
          inhibitors, and needs various treatments before it will germinate:
          even then they take 6-18 months. They are best sown fresh in autumn,
          in a cold frame. Some seeds may germinate in spring, but some will
          need a further winter before germinating. It is possible to sow the
          seed when still 'green', and before the seedcoat has hardened: this
          may germinate in spring. Stored seed is more difficult: it needs to
          be warm stratified for -3 months at 15°C, and then cold stratified
          for a further 3 months at 4°C. It may then take another 18 months to
          germinate. In addition, the seeds can be scarified before stratifying
          to enable moisture to reach the kernel, i.e. by scratching the
          seedcoat in some way, or by fermenting the seed for a few days in its
          own pulp. Seedlings should not be allowed to grow for 2 years in a
          nursery bed as they become difficult to transplant. Although tricky
          to germinate, many seeds are nucellar in origin, and grow into
          seedlings that are clones of the parent plant, so predictability of
          offspring is assured".