I have a small amount of fresh Crategus (Hawthorn) pedicellato seed available

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
      Send me an email (not to the list please) with a delivery address and
      I'll post them off to u asap for free!

      I believe that hawthorn seed will be likely to give 50% germnination
      the following spring if planted fresh, i.e. now.

      The Agroforestery Research Trust says that it tastes good, like
      apple. Its OK, I wouldn't say it tasted fantastic or anything. If you
      are on a foraging meditation it would be useful. It would be nice to
      grow this seed and so to have it on own rootstock also rather than
      grafted. This is good to be able to do this. That was the idea of the
      project, to grow interesting fruiting/nutting trees and give away
      seed, plant material, nuts and fruits for eating, etc.

      You would have liked David Everys project, people. A Hazel and Walnut
      experimental trial crop project on 6 acres in the hills of Powys. He
      was a mediational hermit geezer. I discovered his aboandoned project
      a few years after his death. Oh whats her name from the movement for
      compassionate living, now also dead, told me about his place. I
      gather lots of nuts. Best trees went to ART. Guess what. A cop bought
      the derelict place, renovated the house, tore out most of the trees
      even though he was grazing pigs that love the landscape Every had
      created. Just out of anti hippy spite I think. David was into
      cannabis also....it make the meditation deeper. Damn. I could have
      bought that place, but spent a few months persuding my parents to buy
      it for a collective project. (40 grand in 2001)...when I got back to
      Everys relative who then owned it, he said a private sale had been
      agreed (with the cop). There are actually still a few walnut trees
      there last time I made a visit. Saw it for sale recently..the new
      people changed the name of the holding from 'nutters' to 'gutters'.
      Ridicuals! I'll post up the map reference. This location should be a
      should be a place of pilgrimage for everyone into Nut tree etc
      foraging reality. It was like community wide alchmey - I'm sure it
      was powerful magic..and it was this apsect that was so threatening to
      the...the how can I express it, the traditional type UK reality
      really. I viewed it as destiny. At least the alchemy was saved I feel
      by the fact that the ART now has the products. David Every is an
      unknown. he shouldn't be. He was a great geezer!

      Heres the map reference:

      Landranger 148 SO325704

      Blessings - ultimately we can go into aupsicious goddess reality,
      Avalon perhaps, tribal soveriegnty perhaps, where goddess dragon
      spirit rises/manifests, consciousness changes, the ancestors speak,
      all the good hippy shit becomes real, we communicate by this magic
      etc etc. Thats what I mean by David Everys alchemy. Powerful thing. I
      recall taking on this energy...when trying to make various projects
      happen..and you could feel it trying to happen the other end of the
      phone say..and you could also feel the counter energy trying to
      maintain the status quo...and kinda drive you a biyt mad, and
      to 'win' against bthis energy of community wide change..it would be
      like golden light, no more than that, a physical thing. Deep old
      school paganism...with tribal (maybe Cymru) aspect...maybe thats why
      the mainstream of the vegan growing etc movement never picked up on
      what Every was doing. Difficult to know exactly with cannabis in the
      trip which it was then (that in no way neccessarily makes it all in
      ones head by the way, recall that cannabis and magic are mixed in
      this exact way in India)...OM
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <cromlech108@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > etc etc. Thats what I mean by David Everys alchemy. Powerful thing.
        > recall taking on this energy...when trying to make various projects
        > happen..and you could feel it trying to happen the other end of the
        > phone say..and you could also feel the counter energy trying to
        > maintain the status quo...and kinda drive you a biyt mad, and
        > to 'win' against bthis energy of community wide change..it would be
        > like golden light, no more than that, a physical thing. Deep old
        > school paganism...with tribal (maybe Cymru) aspect...maybe thats
        why
        > the mainstream of the vegan growing etc movement never picked up on
        > what Every was doing. Difficult to know exactly with cannabis in
        the
        > trip which it was then (that in no way neccessarily makes it all in
        > ones head by the way, recall that cannabis and magic are mixed in

        I feel Every was doing some real time magic thing with vegan
        alchemy...mmmm... tree sprit based magic - r that was it...no maybe
        more...it is something ESPECIALLY as hermetical medicant that the how
        can I say, ritual abuse elements of red coat foxhunt try and destroy,
        and this sort of ritual abuse being community wide effect
        traditionally in rural UK society...something like that
        anyway..forces of good and evil like merlin the wizard and that
        annoying little boy, Harry Potter, but in reality the British State,
        blightyworld that he represents maybe IS the evil source, which
        exists through the suppression of the Avalon auspicious goddess
        aspect tribal sovereignty reality in the mainstream present day
        consciousness. Wow that takes me back.

        blessed be!

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
> [...]
          > > this exact way in India)...OM
          >
          > I feel Every was doing some real time magic thing with vegan
          > alchemy...mmmm... tree sprit based magic - r that was it...no maybe
          > more...it is something ESPECIALLY as hermetical medicant that the
          how
          > can I say, ritual abuse elements of red coat foxhunt try and
          destroy,
          > and this sort of ritual abuse being community wide effect
          > traditionally in rural UK society...something like that
          > anyway..forces of good and evil like merlin the wizard and that
          > annoying little boy, Harry Potter, but in reality the British
          State,
          > blightyworld that he represents maybe IS the evil source, which
          > exists through the suppression of the Avalon auspicious goddess
          > aspect tribal sovereignty reality in the mainstream present day

          I know that sort of thing sounds k00ky to the mainstream ear

          Here, I'll try again:

          Deep in the forest is a myth that becomes real that goes beyond human
          invention. SHE, da goddess! I just connected into it through doing
          lots and lots of pixying I think..as a natural process. Never been
          into offical covens, or groups of pagans, or even the Donga clique of
          protesters that were into magic..as you'll know if you'd bothered
          reading through my rants about them here. No all 'natural magic' with
          me more or less. I think there is something about the Mother
          Earth/Goddess aspect being absent from the 'western' mind/reality due
          to programming by anti magic ritual abuse...and this ritual abuse
          paradigm suppresses this aspect individually and especially
          collectivly, on a society wide basis. Thus 'Avalon' has dissappeared
          into myth and been replaced with blightyworld etc.

          I felt this process strongly at David Everys place - not
          that 'Avalon' would neccessarily be veganic of course - because the
          point of this is that reality is not fixed, can fold by magic, and
          many realities exist, or can do once mind is liberated (especially
          from blighty/'christian'/mason world)..but its possible to make an
          auspcious, Goddess/Mother Earth aspected consciousness (and the very
          reality!) within the vegan tree culture etc context. I.e. 'alchemy'.
          Thus stuff is my true love... I think one needs to do 'karma yoga'
          (good action) to generate sufficent positive energy to be able to se
          it maybe...to be able to break through current western mainstream
          program of the 'old age' and see reality as it really is..an infinite
          process, folding out new realities through magic. That might be a
          concept of god? - the infinite universe(s) folding out out infinitely
          through space and time. Why? - a mystery. The Great Mystery as Native
          Americans say.
        • Jim
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2008
            Hi again ya'll.

            This is from Ultimate Fruits and Nuts by Susanne Llye:

            "Propagation: Seed: The seed coat contains strong germination
            inhibitors, and needs various treatments before it will germinate:
            even then they take 6-18 months. They are best sown fresh in autumn,
            in a cold frame. Some seeds may germinate in spring, but some will
            need a further winter before germinating. It is possible to sow the
            seed when still 'green', and before the seedcoat has hardened: this
            may germinate in spring. Stored seed is more difficult: it needs to
            be warm stratified for -3 months at 15°C, and then cold stratified
            for a further 3 months at 4°C. It may then take another 18 months to
            germinate. In addition, the seeds can be scarified before stratifying
            to enable moisture to reach the kernel, i.e. by scratching the
            seedcoat in some way, or by fermenting the seed for a few days in its
            own pulp. Seedlings should not be allowed to grow for 2 years in a
            nursery bed as they become difficult to transplant. Although tricky
            to germinate, many seeds are nucellar in origin, and grow into
            seedlings that are clones of the parent plant, so predictability of
            offspring is assured".