[Fwd: [veganorganic] Online poll for]

  • Rich Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: [veganorganic] Online poll for
      Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:52:44 +0000
      From: Jenny and Keith <sowandgroworganics@...>
      To: veganorganic@yahoogroups.com

      Dear Organic Supporter

      We approached you three weeks ago about filling in a consultation
      document for Climate Friendly Food about what we should measure in
      carbon standards for farms / organic food past the farm gate.

      The response has been poor and the feedback was that it was too
      difficult to fill in – sorry about that we are learning ourselves. In
      our initial August poll 84% of respondents said they wanted a carbon
      standard for organic produce so we believe that there is demand. We hope
      to run a scheme that will cost producers between £25 and £100 based on
      ability to pay.

      Therefore we have created an anonymous online poll with multiple answers
      which is far easier and will take you about 5 minutes to fill in. The
      poll is for

      Organic farmers and growers (whether certified or not)

      Organic Organisations

      In fact anyone with an interest in the organic sector and climate
      change. The poll is available at

      The poll closes on 9th November. You don't need to be an expert to fill
      it in. Just common sense is needed. We need to know what we should and
      in particular consumers should expect of a carbon standard for organic

      When the poll is finished you are welcome to have the results free of
      charge if this will help with your own market research – please just
      email me.

      The results will inform our first standards committee meeting on Friday
      14th November at Tolhurst Organic Produce, Pangbourne, Reading. If you
      would like to be involved please email me.

      The success of this scheme depends on being representative of our

      Kind regards

      Jenny Hall and Jonathan Smith (organic growers)

      Founders of Climate Friendly Food - a social enterprise

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Web: http://www.pfaf.org/
      Tel: 01208 872 963