Credit Crunch - implications

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2008
      TIME TO START PANICING!

      Stock markets in free fall, unheard of scenes going on as people go
      into blind panic and start transferring money here there and
      everywhere trying to find a safe bank. The credit boom bubble of
      recent years is imploding. Some say it is THE final fall of babylon
      system vampire beast. What does it mean? Will we have to grow much
      more of our own food, to make what we need...will the 'market', the
      economic system, be functioning even in one moneths time? I was
      walking around Tescos thinking the other day how easily this could
      go. Last nite I was thinking about buying sacks of rice and dall etc
      etc...making a list of various things that I should try and grab hold
      of before everything implodes, banks close and the economic system
      grinds to a halt..and panic and fear reign...and then this 'old age'
      fall, alternating whilst tripping out to 'Dubstep' out here in the
      wilds, to a full on millenium trip - "oh don't worry, we are entering
      a 'festival' type reality on a community wide basis and extreme
      cosmic magical manifestation will occur" (and was happening for real
      for me last nite)...or will babylon sustain?... and we should be
      thinking in terms of capitalising on the bear market of the century
      and start buying 'put options' and the like to make a million pounds
      sir. Annoyingly I was unable to get f'ing Tillhill forestry corp. to
      come out and fell, remove and dispose of the Larch plantation on my
      land in Sussex up to this point in time. I think I've had a kinda
      pyscik awareness of events ahead of time, knowing thus that this
      collapse was going to happen. So, I've conntacted Euroforest and will
      take whatever price they offer me, just to be rid of the sodding
      stuff and have the site clear for the plantings of edibles - all
      ready to go out this winter...and get the replanting grant from
      governmnet funds. Then I was thinking, damn, I should have liquidated
      all assets and stashed the dough in the Ecology Building Society and
      the like. I could have realised £1/2 million at boom peak and lived
      in a camper for a while..now land prices are dropping as the credit
      squeeze curtails 90% of business. Bargains like in the 1930's will be
      available to people with cash. I couldn't bring myself to sell the
      land at Brightling - its such a sweet example of High Weald
      territory. At least the meadow can be planted for sure,
      Inshallah...and I have cash from the previous land sale.

      Bless
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2008
        Dubstep: