Re: work study chance

  • auntie_mabel
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
      Hi

      You need to have a look here: http://www.wwoof.org/

      Hope this helps
      Karen

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Jayabuddhi Amarasinghe
      <jayabuddhi2006@...> wrote:

      > I am 58 years old Farmer from Sri Lanka having very keen interest
      in organic farming . I have a small farm too. I would like to get
      foreign training in organic farming for a short period to improve my
      family farm . Still I am in good health and I can work well . I can
      look after my travel expenses. If anybody like to help me its a great
      help to my family and my country too.
      > Jayabuddhi amarasinghe

    • Griselda Mussett
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
        Hallo Jayabuddhi

        I asked my friends about this and had two replies:

        One is to contact www.perrycourtfarm.com which is part of the
        Steiner School programme.

        The other confirms someone else's suggestion.... www.wwoof.org
        Organic farmers invite interested people to work on their farms as
        volunteers for an agreed amount of time (very varied). They'll be given
        food, lodging experience and have a great time with like-minded
        people. Wwoofers are often young youngsters in their gap year but older
        people - eg who've retired from city lives - are now getting stuck in
        too. We know several people (incl. 2 of Jerome's sons) who've worked on
        an organic vineyard in Italy for a few summer/early autumn weeks and
        learned so much - not least about Italian cooking. The other volunteers
        have travelled from right round the world, some with farming
        experience, some not.

        I hope this is of some use,

        Griselda

        On 3 Oct 2008, at 15:45, Jayabuddhi Amarasinghe wrote:

        > I am 58 years old Farmer from Sri Lanka having very keen interest in
        > organic farming . I have a small farm too. I would like to get foreign
        > training in organic farming for a short period to improve my family
        > farm . Still I am in good health and I can work well . I can look
        > after my travel expenses. If anybody like to help me its a great help
        > to my family and my country too.
        > Jayabuddhi amarasinghe

      • Ludd
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
          You could try these lovely people:

          http://microsites.theguidlife.net/tlc/home/page

          Ludwig

          Jayabuddhi Amarasinghe wrote:
          > I am 58 years old Farmer from Sri Lanka having very keen interest in organic farming . I have a small farm too. I would like to get foreign training in organic farming for a short period to improve my family farm . Still I am in good health and I can work well . I can look after my travel expenses. If anybody like to help me its a great help to my family and my country too.
          > Jayabuddhi amarasinghe

        • ediblecity
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008
            Here's a fantastic resource - http://www.wwoof.org

            What is WWOOF?

            WWOOF is a world wide network - It started in the UK in 1971 and has
            since become an international movement that is helping people share
            more sustainable ways of living.

            WWOOF is an exchange - In return for volunteer help, WWOOF hosts offer
            food, accommodation and opportunities to learn about organic lifestyles.

            WWOOF organisations link people who want to volunteer on organic farms
            or smallholdings with people who are looking for volunteer help.