work study chance

  • Jayabuddhi Amarasinghe
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
      I am 58 years old Farmer from Sri Lanka having very keen interest in organic farming . I have a small farm too. I would like to get foreign training in organic farming for a short period to improve my family farm . Still I am in good health and I can work well . I can look after my travel expenses. If anybody like to help me its a great help to my family and my country too.
      Jayabuddhi amarasinghe

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
        Hi

        You need to have a look here: http://www.wwoof.org/

        Hope this helps
        Karen

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Jayabuddhi Amarasinghe
        <jayabuddhi2006@...> wrote:

        > I am 58 years old Farmer from Sri Lanka having very keen interest
        in organic farming . I have a small farm too. I would like to get
        foreign training in organic farming for a short period to improve my
        family farm . Still I am in good health and I can work well . I can
        look after my travel expenses. If anybody like to help me its a great
        help to my family and my country too.
        > Jayabuddhi amarasinghe

      • Griselda Mussett
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
          Hallo Jayabuddhi

          I asked my friends about this and had two replies:

          One is to contact www.perrycourtfarm.com which is part of the
          Steiner School programme.

          The other confirms someone else's suggestion.... www.wwoof.org
          Organic farmers invite interested people to work on their farms as
          volunteers for an agreed amount of time (very varied). They'll be given
          food, lodging experience and have a great time with like-minded
          people. Wwoofers are often young youngsters in their gap year but older
          people - eg who've retired from city lives - are now getting stuck in
          too. We know several people (incl. 2 of Jerome's sons) who've worked on
          an organic vineyard in Italy for a few summer/early autumn weeks and
          learned so much - not least about Italian cooking. The other volunteers
          have travelled from right round the world, some with farming
          experience, some not.

          I hope this is of some use,

          Griselda

          On 3 Oct 2008, at 15:45, Jayabuddhi Amarasinghe wrote:

          > I am 58 years old Farmer from Sri Lanka having very keen interest in
          > organic farming . I have a small farm too. I would like to get foreign
          > training in organic farming for a short period to improve my family
          > farm . Still I am in good health and I can work well . I can look
          > after my travel expenses. If anybody like to help me its a great help
          > to my family and my country too.
          > Jayabuddhi amarasinghe

        • Ludd
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
            You could try these lovely people:

            http://microsites.theguidlife.net/tlc/home/page

            Ludwig

            Jayabuddhi Amarasinghe wrote:
            > I am 58 years old Farmer from Sri Lanka having very keen interest in organic farming . I have a small farm too. I would like to get foreign training in organic farming for a short period to improve my family farm . Still I am in good health and I can work well . I can look after my travel expenses. If anybody like to help me its a great help to my family and my country too.
            > Jayabuddhi amarasinghe

          • ediblecity
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008
              Here's a fantastic resource - http://www.wwoof.org

              What is WWOOF?

              WWOOF is a world wide network - It started in the UK in 1971 and has
              since become an international movement that is helping people share
              more sustainable ways of living.

              WWOOF is an exchange - In return for volunteer help, WWOOF hosts offer
              food, accommodation and opportunities to learn about organic lifestyles.

              WWOOF organisations link people who want to volunteer on organic farms
              or smallholdings with people who are looking for volunteer help.