Aloe Vera plants

  • auntie_mabel
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 25, 2008
      I'm looking to buy a few aloe vera, but cannot find them in the UK for
      love nor money, well there a some, but vastly overpriced and not in the
      quantity that I would want them. Could anybody point me in the right
      direction for some Aloe Vera, and just the Vera genus too.

      Thank you so much.

      Regards
      Karen
    • Griselda Mussett
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 25, 2008
        Karen I have one plant at the moment - happy to send you a
        baby/cutting, so to speak, if you pay postage.
        There is a nursery near here in Kent which (I happen to know) has
        thousands of them, grown under glass for pharmaceutical purposes (ie a
        doctor buys them).
        That is Victoriana, at Challock - http://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/
        though looking at their site I see they charge £11.20 which is
        outrageous imho.
        How many do you need?
        They will make babies quite quickly over the period of a year.
        Griselda
        Faversham, Kent

        On 25 Sep 2008, at 13:19, auntie_mabel wrote:

        > I'm looking to buy a few aloe vera, but cannot find them in the UK for
        > love nor money, well there a some, but vastly overpriced and not in
        > the
        > quantity that I would want them. Could anybody point me in the right
        > direction for some Aloe Vera, and just the Vera genus too.
        >
        > Thank you so much.
        >
        > Regards
        > Karen

      • Jayabuddhi Amarasinghe
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 25, 2008
          I am from sri Lanka , I can supply aloe vera plants . But I don,t no why to export it . Please advice . Jayabuddhi

          I'm looking to buy a few aloe vera, but cannot find them in the UK for
          love nor money, well there a some, but vastly overpriced and not in the
          quantity that I would want them. Could anybody point me in the right
          direction for some Aloe Vera, and just the Vera genus too.

          Thank you so much.

          Regards
          Karen

          New Email names for you!
          Hurry before someone else does!

        • Jack P. Brooks
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 25, 2008
            If all fails just contact these people they'll send you anything you want anywhere in the world.

            http://www.herbs.com/

            I'd risk all to be remembered as "humbly and honourably correct". God forbid, but never as politically correct!

            God Bless!

            Jack P. Brooks
            http://www.angelfire.com/me2/whynot

            You write:

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 26, 2008
              Hallo again

              I just called in at my favourite local nursery, Maytree, at Dunkirk
              near Canterbury, Kent.

              They have some lovely aloe vera plants, quite a good size, for about £3.

              This is more like it! Brian who started Maytree about 4 years ago
              grows just about everything himself from seed or cuttings and sells a
              huge range of plants much cheaper and healthier than anyone else I have
              found. He is at:

              Maytree Nursery
              Courtenay Rd,
              Dunkirk,
              Faversham,
              Kent
              ME13 9LH

              Tel: 01227 750353

              I don't know if he'll post stuff, but you can ring and ask. I don't
              know if he has email.

              Griselda

              On 25 Sep 2008, at 13:19, auntie_mabel wrote:

              > I'm looking to buy a few aloe vera, but cannot find them in the UK for
              > love nor money, well there a some, but vastly overpriced and not in
              > the
              > quantity that I would want them. Could anybody point me in the right
              > direction for some Aloe Vera, and just the Vera genus too.
              >
              > Thank you so much.
              >
              > Regards
              > Karen

            • auntie_mabel
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 27, 2008
                Gosh you are a lovely lot, thank you so much for all your helpful
                replies. I think I am going to stick to the UK for sourcing at the
                moment.

                Griselda, yes I would be happy to send postage for the plant. Perhaps
                you could email me offlist with further details?

                Thank you so much for letting me know the details of your local
                nursery, they sound good, Faversham is a bit of a trek for me, but we
                have relatives in North Kent, so maybe if they are out there, however
                I will give them a call and ask if they can post.

                Thank you all again for your kindness,
                Karen

                --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Griselda Mussett <griselda1@...> wrote:

                > Hallo again
                >
                > I just called in at my favourite local nursery, Maytree, at Dunkirk
                > near Canterbury, Kent.
                >
                > They have some lovely aloe vera plants, quite a good size, for
                about £3.

                > This is more like it! Brian who started Maytree about 4 years ago
                > grows just about everything himself from seed or cuttings and sells
                > huge range of plants much cheaper and healthier than anyone else I
                have
                > found. He is at:
                >
                > Maytree Nursery
                > Courtenay Rd,
                > Dunkirk,
                > Faversham,
                > Kent
                > ME13 9LH
                >
                > Tel: 01227 750353
                >
                > I don't know if he'll post stuff, but you can ring and ask. I don't
                > know if he has email.
                >
                > Griselda
                >

                > On 25 Sep 2008, at 13:19, auntie_mabel wrote:
                >
                > > I'm looking to buy a few aloe vera, but cannot find them in the
                UK for
                > > love nor money, well there a some, but vastly overpriced and not
                in
                > > the
                > > quantity that I would want them. Could anybody point me in the
                right
                > > direction for some Aloe Vera, and just the Vera genus too.
                > >
                > > Thank you so much.
                > >
                > > Regards
                > > Karen

              • orb orb
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 27, 2008
                  If you live in S.Norfolk or N.Suffolk I could let you havea couple. Aub

                • auntie_mabel
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 5, 2008
                    Hi Aub

                    Sorry I didn't see this reply as I am no mail at the moment, just
                    checking in on the web now and then.

                    Thank you so much I'm quite a bit away from you I'm afraid in the
                    deep south!!

                    Regards
                    Karen