Skip to search.

Re: [pfaf] Potato blight/slugs and snails in Wales

  • Mary Lloyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2008
      Hi Steve, nice to meet you.
      My pond has enough room on it for maybe one duck and two babies max. Mind you, that didn't stop the froggies from spawing until there was just one pool of jelly, and subsequently the most numerous surviving tadpoles in one season I have ever seen. Even so, they have not kept the slugs and snails down enough. and there are adults and babies and everything in between making slaughter out of my remaining vegetables.
      Last month I think we had 2 days of sun, the rest was unbelieveable rainfall and of course those little slimy molluscs love it.
      One day I will have more land, and a bigger pond. "The Power of Duck sounds like a great book I need to read for that glorious day beyond the horizon. Thanks for your help!
      Love, Whinnie \O/ (thats a hug)