Re: [pfaf] potatoes and blight, kudzu and high

  • Pat Meadows
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
      >Overrun with tomatoes? Turn some of them into tomato juice, and you'll
      >be set when soup season arrives.

      We like to give them away, I didn't mean to imply that we don't like it. We
      try to be neighborly. Some women bake cakes or cookies things like that
      for their neighbors, I don't (I'm not much of a baker). I grow vegetables.
      :)

      Tomato juice is a good idea, thanks.

      As it happens, there are not as many tomatoes this particular year as we
      usually have. It has just been too cool here, with many nights throughout
      the summer almost down to 40F (4 C), and a few nights even colder than
      that.

      Tomorrow, we'll be drying some tomatoes (we have a food dehydrator); and
      this is also a good thing to do with them. They are then the (misnamed)
      sun-dried tomatoes, and they add a lot of good flavor to soups, stews,
      chili, etc.

      Pat

      -- northern Pennsylvania
      Website: www.meadows.pair.com/articleindex.html