Re: [pfaf] potato blight in Wales

  • Pat Meadows
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 12, 2008
      On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:29:15 +0200, you wrote:

      >The message <5r6gc4t45ldpnsa8j7l78uutu10g1r4deh@...>
      >from Pat Meadows <pat@...> contains these words:
      >
      >> One place that sells it in the UK is Garden Organic, the former Henry
      >> Doubleday Research Association, the primary promoter (I believe) of organic
      >> farming in the UK.
      >
      >What happened to the Henry Doubleday Research Association ? I used to
      >recommend it to people but it seems to have changed completely. You
      >could formerly get seeds from them and more if you were willing to
      >return seeds, for a vast selection of heritage vegetables. I couldn't
      >work it out from the new site.

      I don't know; I'm in the USA. So far as I know, they just changed their
      name, and they still do that.

      But maybe they ran afoul of EU regulations on seeds, which I have read are
      ferocious, and totally slanted against seed exchanges and small seed
      sellers. (I.e., the equivalent of several thousand dollars being required
      to 'register' a seed before it can be legally sold.)

      You could probably email them and ask.

      Pat
      -- northern Pennsylvania
      Website: www.meadows.pair.com/articleindex.html