Re: Blackberries

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9, 2008
      I disagree, indigenous biodiversity/ecosystems are important. Some of
      the 'useful' plants listed are seriously invasive. Having said that I
      have introduced (hopefully) Himalayan blackberry which produces huge
      blackberries on giant plants somewhat earlier than the native Uk
      blackberry...but this is into a landscape that is dominated by non
      native/natural ecosystems, i.e. extensive conifer forest where there
      should be greenwood, ar, the greenwood.

      Blessed be!

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "joy" <beitharmony@...> wrote:

      > I wouldn't worry so much about displacing NATIVE plants. In nature,
      > all is fair - and it is survival of the fittest. I witnessed
      > blackberries growing freely in the mountains of North America and
      > didn't hear any complaints from the surrounding eco-system. There
      was
      > food for the bears, birds and bees and the occassional human and
      there
      > was every other kind of living thing around it living in harmony.
      It's
      > when people start growing brains and listen to spin, hype and utter
      BS
      > about how we need to *control* nature that we intentionally or
      > intentionally do manage to f things up and before you know it we
      have
      > an invasive species on our hands. Couldn't be human consciousness
      > reflecting the deepest fears and phobias on nature now could it?
      Where
      > nature actually becomes a reflection of our thoughts and actions?
      Neh.
      > Couldn't be that easy or that plausible. Must find more complex and
      > nasty explanation the man said.
      >

      > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "manofpeace32" <manofpeace32@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Do you want the seeds.
      > >
      > > Im not sure if you mean fresh for eating -- sounds like it, but..
      > > It's too bad though that people don't mind growing somthing that
      > > become invasive,
      > > and displace NAtive plants.
      > > As a matter of fact some people don'r care,
      > > but some LOVE NATURE SO MUCH Yet
      > > A forest crowded with Invasive tree's, shrubs doesn't mean
      anything to
      > > them.
      > >

      > > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "joy" <beitharmony@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > I'd like to do a barter with someone who has access to
      > > blackberries.
      > > > I live in Israel right now and the only ones available that I
      can find
      > > > are frozen and they don't seem to be very potent, so perhaps
      > > > dehydrated would be the way to go.
      > > >
      > > > best wishes,
      > > > joy

    • ambyagro
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
        Hi Joy I am in Colombia South America and I am interested in receive
        from you POMEGRANATE and SYRIAN OLIVE SEEDS and if possible SEEDS of
        several varieties of DATILES(DATES). Thanks and if you have interest
        in any tropical seeds please indicate to us
        I was in past recent in Israel, Shefayim studying Horticulture. Regards
        OCTAVIO TORRES