Re: Blackberries

  • manofpeace32
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2008
      Do you want the seeds.

      Im not sure if you mean fresh for eating -- sounds like it, but..
      It's too bad though that people don't mind growing somthing that
      become invasive,
      and displace NAtive plants.
      As a matter of fact some people don'r care,
      but some LOVE NATURE SO MUCH Yet
      A forest crowded with Invasive tree's, shrubs doesn't mean anything to
      them.

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "joy" <beitharmony@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'd like to do a barter with someone who has access to
      blackberries.
      > I live in Israel right now and the only ones available that I can find
      > are frozen and they don't seem to be very potent, so perhaps
      > dehydrated would be the way to go.
      >
      > best wishes,
      > joy

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2008
        Why don't you ask the Palestinians?

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "joy" <beitharmony@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'd like to do a barter with someone who has access to
        blackberries.
        > I live in Israel right now and the only ones available that I can find
        > are frozen and they don't seem to be very potent, so perhaps
        > dehydrated would be the way to go.
        >
        > I have at my disposal Syrian olives, leaves and seeds - and
        > pomegranates - leaves and seeds. If you have a special interest in any
        > particular plant, flower or element (including minerals) here let me
        > know and perhaps a swap can be done on that.
        >
        > best wishes,
        > joy

      • joy
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 2008
          I wouldn't worry so much about displacing NATIVE plants. In nature,
          all is fair - and it is survival of the fittest. I witnessed
          blackberries growing freely in the mountains of North America and
          didn't hear any complaints from the surrounding eco-system. There was
          food for the bears, birds and bees and the occassional human and there
          was every other kind of living thing around it living in harmony. It's
          when people start growing brains and listen to spin, hype and utter BS
          about how we need to *control* nature that we intentionally or
          intentionally do manage to f things up and before you know it we have
          an invasive species on our hands. Couldn't be human consciousness
          reflecting the deepest fears and phobias on nature now could it? Where
          nature actually becomes a reflection of our thoughts and actions? Neh.
          Couldn't be that easy or that plausible. Must find more complex and
          nasty explanation the man said.

          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "manofpeace32" <manofpeace32@...> wrote:

          > Do you want the seeds.
          >
          > Im not sure if you mean fresh for eating -- sounds like it, but..
          > It's too bad though that people don't mind growing somthing that
          > become invasive,
          > and displace NAtive plants.
          > As a matter of fact some people don'r care,
          > but some LOVE NATURE SO MUCH Yet
          > A forest crowded with Invasive tree's, shrubs doesn't mean anything to
          > them.
          >

          > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "joy" <beitharmony@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I'd like to do a barter with someone who has access to
          > blackberries.
          > > I live in Israel right now and the only ones available that I can find
          > > are frozen and they don't seem to be very potent, so perhaps
          > > dehydrated would be the way to go.
          > >
          > > best wishes,
          > > joy

        • Jim
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9, 2008
            I disagree, indigenous biodiversity/ecosystems are important. Some of
            the 'useful' plants listed are seriously invasive. Having said that I
            have introduced (hopefully) Himalayan blackberry which produces huge
            blackberries on giant plants somewhat earlier than the native Uk
            blackberry...but this is into a landscape that is dominated by non
            native/natural ecosystems, i.e. extensive conifer forest where there
            should be greenwood, ar, the greenwood.

            Blessed be!

          • ambyagro
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
              Hi Joy I am in Colombia South America and I am interested in receive
              from you POMEGRANATE and SYRIAN OLIVE SEEDS and if possible SEEDS of
              several varieties of DATILES(DATES). Thanks and if you have interest
              in any tropical seeds please indicate to us
              I was in past recent in Israel, Shefayim studying Horticulture. Regards
              OCTAVIO TORRES