Herbal herbicides

  • Ludd
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 29, 2008
      Hi Mary!

      I use *Camomile *tea to spray on my seed tray's after sowing. It seems
      to prevent rot quite well! A test done by some gardening magazine (sorry
      forgot which) said it worked better than the copper based fungicides.

      I use *vinegar *to kill mildew on the inside of the canvas roof of my
      home. I am not sure if it is wise to use it on plants so I haven't yet.

      Pfaf website sais: *Horsetail*; //Equisetum palustre; ///Equisetum
      arvense;/ The infused stem is an effective fungicide against mildew,
      mint rust and blackspot on roses, and is a good liquid feed too!

      I am sure there are many other tricks that I would love to hear about!

      Ludwig

      P.s. I believe that some of these tricks are illegal to use as they
      might not be approved for use on food crops, by some government body
      that prefers you to give your money to the chemical industry rather than
      to make your own.
      So to cover myself: Do not use these tricks unless legal!

      Mary Lloyd wrote:
      > Hi Ludwig and all,
      > Bring it on!
      > My tomatoes watered by the rain have now got blight; the ones watered by the tap are fine, no sign of disease. Cucumbers are suffering that mildew they commonly get, but I am removing diseased parts immediately and making sure the plants are fed...seems to be prolonging their life in spite of not much sun this month.
      > I am therefore GREATLY interested in any herbal anti-fungal treatment!
      > Thanks in advance!
      > Love, Whinnie

    • Ludd
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 29, 2008